Menu
forshawj
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Watching recorded content from other TIVO's - C423 error

Because I have 2 Tivo's (1 V6, 1 1TB Tivo) then I have the following connection:

As TiVo boxes are in different rooms, connected them using three Powerline adapters. Plug one adapter into first TiVo box, another into second TiVo box, and a third into Super Hub.

Superhub is 2ac.

I can connect and manage both via the TV Anywhere App and have no connectivity issues.

Sometimes I can watch recorded content from the V6 <> 1TB and both see each other fine.

However often I can watch recorded from 1TB > V6, but when I want to watch on the V6 < 1TB recorded content I get the C423 error.

I have rebooted both boxes, restarted the SHub and also restarted each Powerline...

Strange thing it will come back on its own... I think the scheduled Tivo connectivity job runs then it is ok.

Could my Shub be faulty? Should this be a V3 Shub?? Or is this one of these VM features that overtime will resolve itself.

I would have said it could be wiring / Powerline interference but then I not be able to see them on the TV Anywhere App.

Any ideas???

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
forshawj
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Watching recorded content from other TIVO's - C423 error

I fixed this myself... Added 3 rules in PORT FORWARDING (Advanced Setting on Shub).
I found my IP address in NETWORK on V6 box...
8080 - 8081
7287 - 7288
And all works fine Smiley Happy
I'm sure upnp should take care of all of this - but hey this works!

All Replies
forshawj
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did some more digging...

When I run Network - Diagnostic Tests - Port ...

<Failed>

The port<s> listed below need to be opened on your router.

TCP port 80

TCP port 8080

TCP port 80

TCP port 7287

TCP port 7288

TCP port 8081

On the Shub upnp is already enabled ... I guess I can make some port forwarding rules but wondered if this is needed? And why it does work occasionally already?!

0 Kudos
forshawj
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I fixed this myself... Added 3 rules in PORT FORWARDING (Advanced Setting on Shub).
I found my IP address in NETWORK on V6 box...
8080 - 8081
7287 - 7288
And all works fine Smiley Happy
I'm sure upnp should take care of all of this - but hey this works!
boomish69
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why isn't there some official Virgin walk through Surrey this should just work!!

i have 2 TiVo V6, I got them to see each other once when I set static ip's but now only 1 can see the otherSmiley Sad

I've opened the ports 80 8080-8081 & 7287-7288, for one of the boxes in port forwarding but the hub won't let me set the same ports for the other is this the problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the tivo do not need port forwarding for local connections. The tivo do not need to connect into the network from the internet as they are both on the LAN
0 Kudos