Menu
davedicko
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Watching Tivo recordings on PC

I have my Tivo connected to my super hub via powerline,the tv anywhere app is installed on my pc, i cannot find the option to watch 'your shows' only view them,change recordings,set recordings etc,can anybody help?sometimes you need to watch what youv'e recorded on your PC...............DaveSmiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watching Tivo recordings on PC

On PC, you don't have an app, you use the browser version of TV Anywhere which, I believe, doesn't support watching recordings from V6 My Shows.

Watching recordings from TiVo My Shows is not supported on any platform.

0 Kudos
Paullaxton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I too have the same problem that I cannot view recorded material on my Tivo V6 using my PC.  To hear that the V6 is not supported in this manner in TV Anywhere is outrageous.  I wish I had never changed over to the V6 except that the software team put so much pressure on the processor in the old Tivo that its speed was very badly compromised.  Perhaps a change to Sky might solve these problems!  As a retired Software Engineer I shudder to think what is coming next.  Time for "Fingers Out" I think!

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You we never able to view recordings on a PC (or in the app) from the TiVo, the V6 supports everything the TiVo did and also allows viewing of recordings in the app, so it has more functionality than the TiVo.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Further to the advice of Tavis75, the feature to watch recordings via our TV Anywhere service is not currently available.

You can, of course, manage recordings via this service.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Paullaxton
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good day Nat,

Thanks for the information confirming the inability to view Tivo recordings on a PC.  In your comment you made the statement that the facility is "not currently available".   Are you inferring that it may be available, in the future, as an upgrade to the V6 software?

0 Kudos
alecf1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New to VM, and evaluating differences with SKY.  And the lack of ability to view recording on a PC  or tablet is absurd. If you have the right to view them to start with you should have right to play them back on another other than the TV, just like on sky.

Starting to see why recording programmes initially is so complicated to prevent people needing to play anything back.

is this situation likely to change ?

thanks a surprised new comer..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

With the Virgin TV V6 box you can stream and download selected recordings from your V6 box to an Android or iOS mobile device with Virgin TV Anywhere. The older TiVo box doesn't support streaming or downloading of recordings.

With Virgin TV Anywhere on a Windows PC or Apple Mac you can stream live TV, access On Demand and manage your Virgin TV V6 or TiVo boxes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
alecf1
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.

I have now actually got my Slingbox 350 connected to the TIVO 500GB and seems to be ok, apart from usual lag with slingplayer after pressing buttons. Luckily had a scart to composite adaptor lying around.

0 Kudos