Menu
RealSpud
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Walter Presents free box sets

Why isn't this available on my TIvio ?

I can get it on my computer and iPad for free but not on VIRGIN - makes one wonder whether the convenience of watching some good shows on Virgin is worth the cost when you HAVE to use a computer to watch other "free" shows !

Please consider customer's needs before they leave you Virgin Media !

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Walter Presents free box sets

This is not the fault of VM.  Whoever broadcasts Walter Presents needs to produce an app for TiVo. It's up to them not VM.  If they don't produce an app then the TiVo won't get it. 

0 Kudos
RealSpud
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What is Virgin Media doing about getting this "free service" from CHANNEL 4 ? It's no good them putting their head in the sand otherwise customers watchin these via Internet will leave them and go for the cheaper online options. I don't want to leave Virgin but they need to address this issue . Does it really need an App to get a programme via the Internet and show it on Tivio or do they just need to agree "terms" with channel 4 ?

Chanel 4 email extract "it’s February — it’s cold and miserable outside and I love it. The perfect excuse to snuggle up on the sofa with a glass of Malbec and binge-watch guilt-free.

To beat the cold we’ve got quite simply the coolest cop in Germany, a brutal psychopath on the loose in balmy Buenos Aires, an unusual detective story from the Czech Republic and two sexy spin doctors stalking the corridors of power in Paris. Great TV — completely free. Enjoy!

Link : http://www.channel4.com/programmes/walter-presents?msg_id=DM16796&nl_bid=574744389
0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brand new collection showcasing the best foreign-language drama series from around the world, handpicked specially for you. Entire box sets, all completely free, when you want them.

Use the search function on tivo for the show you wish to see ........ : deutschland 83 

It should find it .

Walter is not a channel , just use the search function to get the programes ..

Hope it helps 

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
smokeandsteam
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All 4/Walter Presents are screening the first episode of programmes - like Case - on Channel 4 and then making the rest of the series available in a box set form on demand.

However, and despite being absolutely free, the box sets are not available on virgin. The virgin service is a 7 day catch up (7 days!) and 100 odd naff box sets.

This is despite the misdleading claim that the Virgin service offers All 4 to subscribers. It simply does not offer anywhere the neear full service and virgin are misleading customers/potential customers. Most of the Walter Presents series and box sets are not avilable to view using on demand. Now TV, Freeview, PS4/Xbox360, Chromecast and others offer it but not virgin (or sky). 

This means that if you want to carry on watching the series you need to use your laptop.

I'm exploring other options to virgin as the service is becoming antiquated and simply not keeping up with technology.