Menu
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

WEEE recycling law. Old V+ Box

Hi

I received a TiVo box to replace my old V+ box.
I am assumings the old V+ box is obsolete and can be recycled, however as Virgin Media are actually the owners of the equipment, should they not be collecting it and recycling their own goods under the 2003 Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive?

Thanks
GMF

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: WEEE recycling law. Old V+ Box

Hang on to it for a while. You might find that it works better than the Tivo if you are unfortunate enough to live in an area still afflicted with the "utilization" problems.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi GMF

Thanks for getting in touch about the return of the Scientific Atlanta V+ box that you have had swapped to a TiVo® service with us.

We do have the option for you to return a decommissioned set top box via Collect Plus. This is the option we offer to customers returning equipment we actively collect too.

If this is something you'd like for us to arrange rather than disposing of this yourself, please just let us know, and we can get the packaging sent to you in the post.

Let us know if there's anything else you need too Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. So let me get this right, we have to pay to return YOUR equipment so you comply with the law?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi GMF

My bad for not mentioning that our packaging is all pre paid, whoops Smiley Happy

You absolutely do NOT pay for returning equipment to us.

Sorry for not mentioning that in the above post.

Let me know if you need me to arrange this for you and I'll get that sorted out Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So I'm still unclear what happens. Do you come to my address to collect your property or do you want me to do all the hard work for you, package it up and send it back via post office?
I might as well drop it off outside your officers, no?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi GMF

We send pre-paid packaging to your property and you then drop this to us at the nearest Collect Plus outlet. The offices have no capacity for collecting equipment as all equipment returns need to be scanned in in the warehouses.

Given that your equipment does not need to be collected by us, as this is a decommissioned box, if you did feel that recycling it was a preferred option, the choice is yours as to whether you return this to us or not. If you do decide to return this, please let me know as I would need to request a package exception for you. Our system will not order this automatically as this type of box is no longer being supplied to our customers, which is why we have swapped them out for TiVo® boxes for existing customers.

Please let me know what you decide.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that extra detail, Karen.
That sounds reasonable. Please send packaging at your conveniences and I will return as you describe.

Thanks
Martin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name, for me to get the details I need from you to arrange this.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have just received a large plastic envelope through the post with instructions on how to disconnect the old V+ box and a warning that if I don't return it, I will be liable for a £150 charge. A week or so ago, I received a text message after me to confirm if I still wanted to receive the return pack. As I decided to recycle it myself, as per your earlier suggestion, I responded accordingly.

Please confirm I will not be charged £150 for the box that I have not returned to you.

Regards
Martin

0 Kudos