Menu
SpookyElectric1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

W02 error, loads of missing channels - engineer not available for OVER A WEEK!

So we're getting a W02 error, missing loads of HD channels and failed recordings. An engineer has been booked but can't come out for OVER A WEEK. This is a terrible service when we pay nearly £100 per month.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: W02 error, loads of missing channels - engineer not available for OVER A WEEK!

Sadly this can happen, and it's not so much VM's fault.. Hardware is perishable, so faults are going to happen eventually, it just sucks that it's now.

The engineers are probably booked up doing installations and home visits real early on, so you've basically just joined the queue..

I know it's not what you want to hear, but they just don't have enough staff to cover the entire of the UK for next day, or sometimes even same week appointments.

All I can suggest is have a little patience, someone on here may be able to help you with some troubleshooting which may help things a little.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: W02 error, loads of missing channels - engineer not available for OVER A WEEK!

If they can not offer any date before next week - then I think that is unacceptable.

However, finding a mutually agreeable date can be understood.

I think a W02 is a network issue - which means it may be fixed long before a visit if it is widespread.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, in an ideal world, same week visits would be great, but like I said, I don't think they are staffed well enough for this, it may be a busy period for them.

Have you checked for faults in your area using the service status page?

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SpookyElectric1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No fault in the area related to the issue I'm having.

I just think, as a loyal, paying subscriber that 2-3 days is a more acceptable call-out time. Over a week translates to a lot of lost TV recordings which are going to be be difficult to catch up on. Annoying when you're halfway through a series of something.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've felt your pain, and it's unpleasant to say the least..

Sadly, if they can't get someone to come out sooner, then it's one of those times you have to bite the bullet and just agree to wait, otherwise you'll be constantly arguing for the exact same amount of time before the engineer arrives!

---------

0 Kudos
Mark53
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

have tried to reboot the box this will sometimes sort the problem out
0 Kudos
SpookyElectric1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep, tried rebooting. No dice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SpookyElectric1,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're having to wait for an engineer to call round and fix this fault.

I just wanted to pop by and say I hope we get it all fixed ok for you.  Please keep us posted on how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos