Menu
petronic
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

W02 Fault Code

What does it mean. I am awaiting an engineer to come my other tivo box works fine. Picture started to break up then was ok. Happend to check recordings Fox HD was recording when finished could view live tv now gone as well. On my phone i can watch tv via the app why can i that and not use the box?
0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: W02 Fault Code

That error code means there is a signal issue to your box.
0 Kudos
petronic
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both boxes come from the same wall box. So what is yhe issue the one in the other room is the older one and works fine the newer one has these issues? with our phones i pay close to £200 a month to virgin thinking of going back to sky now feed up with errors and service outside uk who dont really understand but do try and help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there petronic, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are not able to watch TV using one of your TiVo® boxes. 

As brooksy79 states, this error does state that there is a fault with the connection to this particular TiVo®, this could be anywhere. If it's the same feed coming in that feeds your other TiVo®, then it suggest that the feed to the premises is OK,  and that it may be to do with either the splitter, the cable going from the splitter to your faulty TiVo®, or the TiVo® itself. 

The best thing to do with this is to get a technician out, which you've already booked. They will be able to get to the bottom of this issue for you. 

Please let me know how everything goes when the technician calls out. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
petronic
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks i have discontented rebooted checked settings left it off and still W02. Tried on demand nothing. Checked other box settings appear the same. No problems at all.

On my phone i can still get TV anywear via the problem box. So i can sit watching via my phone via hmdi to my screen not ideal but does work should i be able to do this with a code of W02 or when using TV Anywear the box makes no differance?

I am asking all these questions so perhaps others searching W02 may help them.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again, 

The TV Anywhere app, doesn't use the TiVo® to work, it will utilise the online service, When you log into the TV Anywhere app, you have the option of selecting a box, this would be so you can set up remote recordings, manage recordings,  or if you are connected to the same network as your TiVo® (if your TiVo® has an Ethernet connection to your SuperHub) you would be able to use the remote control part of the app to control the TiVo® 

When does the technician call out to you?

Cheers

Huw

P.S. Kudos to you for the quick thinking of setting up the phone to the TV, I don't think I would've thought of that Smiley Wink 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
petronic
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

meant to be 1600hrs today. Just swaped boxes around the probkem box 1Tb wont work on the other room keeps trying to reboot one green light left 2 red lights right. All goes off and trys again!!!!
The older box not 1Tb in positon in the other room rebooted works fine so it would appear to be the 1Tb with an issue. On listening the 1Tb hard drive seems to be noisy perhaps US or software fault.
0 Kudos
petronic
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

any additional thougts had it on soak all day appears caught in a loop and never gets past starting up. Other box reinstated working fine
0 Kudos