Menu
AndyColeman
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Volume control not working on TiVo remote

Hi,

Just had an engineer come and switch out our old Virgin box for a new TiVo. We are still getting to grips with all the extra functionality but we can't seem to get the volume control to work. The channel up/down buttons work fine but the volume up/down buttons seem to not do anything. 

I have seen some documentation about getting the remote to control the tv so do we need to go through that bit of setup to get the remote to change the volume?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Volume control not working on TiVo remote

AndyColeman wrote:

I have seen some documentation about getting the remote to control the tv so do we need to go through that bit of setup to get the remote to change the volume?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

Welcome to the forums.  Yes, you need to customize the Tivo remote for your particular TV and it will then control the TV's volume.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.