Menu
Dave1805
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Voices out of sync, keeps turning itself off, very very slow. Tivo (if you hadn't guessed)

Hi there, 1st post here..

Been having problems since day one of having tivo fitted (last June I think). Voices out of sync with the picture, box can take upto 10 mins to boot up after yet another restart, the list goes on.

Has anyone else had non stop problems with tivo? 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voices out of sync, keeps turning itself off, very very slow. Tivo (if you hadn't guessed)

Hi Dave1805, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your TiVo® since it was installed. Checking how things look on the account, the Signal levels could do with a little adjusting. Also the Downstream power levels are way out as well as there being a high number of T3 timeouts. It's no wonder you're having an issue Smiley Sad

We will need to get an engineer out to you to resolve this. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dave1805
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voices out of sync, keeps turning itself off, very very slow. Tivo (if you hadn't guessed)

Thanks for the reply, have answered pm

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave1805, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

We are able to book you an engineer from this end to resolve things but this will leave you with the same equipment as you have now. 

If you want to upgrade to the new V6 box then you will need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to upgrade. 

If you're happy for the engineer to come and resolve things instead, message me back with some availability times suitable for you and we'll get an appointment booked in Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Dave1805
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the reply. When you say I will still have the same equipment does that mean we will continue to have the same problem as this is the 2nd tivo box we've been given?

How much extra is a v6 box?

Regards

David

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

As the signal levels, power levels and timeouts are the issue here, the possibility is the engineer won't change the box. He'll only do this if the TiVo® you currently have is faulty which based on the stats, isn't the case. 

They will more than likely adjust the levels to resolve things. 

With regards to the V6 upgrade, you'll need to speak to the team on the number above to talk through your options and prices. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos