Menu
Lesley1965
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

VirginMedia TiVo not updating

Hi

When switching on our TiVo box this evening, it advised us that an update had occurred and not to switch off our Tivo Box.

This has now been going round in circles for over 2.5 hours.

We have also tried turning it off, waiting 30 seconds - 1 minute and turning it back on again, unfortunately this was not successful.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: VirginMedia TiVo not updating

Similar posts here have suggested pulling out the mains plug and waiting for at least five minutes before restarting. If this doesn't work call it in as a fault.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lesley1965,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I would like to take a look into this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message requesting further details.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lesley1965
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the advice but it didn't work.  I have someone coming out on Monday to try and fix the problem.

0 Kudos
amarkr2000
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try pressing and holding the power button until all lights come on underneath it.  Let go and it should to a complete restart.

Lesley1965 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the advice but it didn't work.  I have someone coming out on Monday to try and fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lesley1965

Thanks for getting back to us about this, apologies again for the problems you're experiencing.

I'm glad to hear action was planned and would love to hear how the appointment went yesterday?

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lesley1965
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for the response.

I dashed home from work yesterday for the set appointment, between 4 pm and 7 pm.  When it got to 7.45 pm I rang to check to see if someone was still coming only to be informed that the appointment hadn't been booked in right.  I am now booked in for Saturday, will let you know if the problem get solved.

Regards

Lesley

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lesley1965,

Craig isn't here at the moment so I hope you don't mind me stepping in.

I'm very sorry to hear the appointment hadn't been booked in correctly but please let me know if there's any further problems and I'll look into it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Lesley1965
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

All sorted out now, thank you

0 Kudos