Menu
omendata
Superfast
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Virgin suggestion for improvement

Would it be at all possible for Virgin to email all its customers when they are about to do a major Tivo box firmware upgrade - this happened on Sunday night and has impacted a lot of people - even some of your helpdesk people dont seem to know about it which would help them out as well!

Just a suggestion for improvement of services!

Dialled in
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin suggestion for improvement

Be good if some of us not chosen as unwilling unknowing guiney pigs too especially given lack of internal testing causing recordings to stop working in standby.They should do their own tesitng not using paying customers.

0 Kudos
omendata
Superfast
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Yes thats what i was ranting on about - spot on dude - black box testing using the user , what a joke - back when i was a systems programmer we tested for months not days using people employed specifically to test our games and device drivers!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi omendata,

Sorry for the trouble you've had with our latest update.

Our updates are tested extensively before they are rolled out. When updates are rolled out at this scale, we expect some initial teething issues. Any issues get picked up and then patched with further updates.

I understand this can be a little frustrating at times, but our ultimate goal is always to improve our services for our customers.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
omendata
Superfast
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Extensively tested - are you kidding me? I used to work for NTL as an engineer and I know the truth so dont gie us none of yer waaash if you pardon the Scots vernacular!

jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

had our update and brilliant. much faster tivo box and several new options. not everyone has problems.
Bingley
Superfast
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Josh, answer me this, You say in further updates. I cannot for the life of me remember when the last update was before this shoddy one you lot have just slapped on us. The ultimate goal is to improve services !!!. Son you have got your head in the sand if you actually believe anything you write. Poor excuses time after time after time. Some initial teething problems is the best joke I`ve heard this year. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

omendata wrote:

Extensively tested - are you kidding me? I used to work for NTL as an engineer and I know the truth so dont gie us none of yer waaash if you pardon the Scots vernacular!

A lot of updates are tested by a group of members of this very Forum you are posting too, but they cannot account for every eventuality, so things will slip through.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Dialled in
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Josh_RW wrote:

Hi omendata,

Sorry for the trouble you've had with our latest update.

Our updates are tested extensively before they are rolled out. When updates are rolled out at this scale, we expect some initial teething issues. Any issues get picked up and then patched with further updates.

I understand this can be a little frustrating at times, but our ultimate goal is always to improve our services for our customers.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

I certain would not expect fundamental blunders like an update stopping recordings from recording which is what happened to those of us picked as unwilling guinea pigs. Also it took a year to get Dolby Digital fixed which you broke last year !!!! All the complaints about problems with series link+ and missing blue buttons have NOT been picked up and patched or even addressed by Virgin even now.

It's just a tv recorder, its not rocket science. Heaven forbid Virgin get involved in that game ... oh wait ...Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

omendata wrote:

A lot of updates are tested by a group of members of this very Forum you are posting too, but they cannot account for every eventuality, so things will slip through.

Lets face it, most problems ARE reported in the very early stages of release to paying customers. Virgin always seem to ignore the reports and carry on rolling out regardless.

0 Kudos