Menu
Monksp
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media installation failure

Ordered and paid deposit in November to have VM installed, told it would be Today 08th January...

had call on Saturday about possibility of digging up garden to lay cable but as i explained I do not have a garden, my property opens onto the pavement, the operator (Donna) apologised for the inconvenience of calling and thanked me for my time.   All good so far.

I Had further text on Monday confirming and asking about parking and access which I replied to.

Had another text this morning confirming the installation would happen between 1:00 and 6:00...

So took the day off work and cancelled some training this evening to wait for the installation at last!!!

Come 6:00 no installers, phone VM... After being passed to pre install team was told that there is a problem with the routing of the cable and it would take another 4-6 weeks to resolve...

I have been told that VM tried to contact me yesterday to inform me of the problem and the installation had been "unscheduled"... However I never received a call, did not receive any email or text to that affect...The only texts I have received are as above and I get so many emails from VM telling me how much I am going to enjoy the latest releases!!!!

I have been offered compensation for the inconvenience but only if I accept the delay in installation ( and it is less than half of what I have lost today in pay)...

Disgusting Customer Care...

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Monksp
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin media installation failure

Furthermore, if I cancel the installation there is no compensation and I lose my deposit...
i have cancelled my previous Broadband provider so I have the option of not having any service for the next six weeks or going to another provider and receiving nothing plus losing the deposit!!!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Monksp
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Furthermore, if I cancel the installation there is no compensation and I lose my deposit...
i have cancelled my previous Broadband provider so I have the option of not having any service for the next six weeks or going to another provider and receiving nothing plus losing the deposit!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I would be the first to agree VM's customer communication system leaves a lot to be desired.

What no doubt has happened is the cable pull contractor has come across an obstruction in the ducting to your property. They will inform the local network team, who then engage a construction contractor. This contractor assesses the work required & passes a request for a work permit to the local authority. They also have to contact all the other services to find out if they have infrastructure in the vicinity. The local authority can take several weeks to issue a permit (there is no fast-track system for telecoms like there is for Electric, Gas or Water), & then construction team can then execute the job, & then re-book the pull team.

I always encourage people moving to Virgin to overlap services with their current provider in case there are issues like this

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos