Menu
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin increase prices

The latest price increase is another hit for the customers,it's way too high. When will VM look after their long term customers? It keeps going up,this time,too high,yet there are not many improvements. Ok we get more HD channels,but you have to pay for them. We have had the plum background,to me hardly worth the improvement 

Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin increase prices

Any company can increase their prices.  What I object to is the extortionate  level of the rise  and VM's press release saying its 5.9% on average.  Most customers are getting increase much bigger. VM have also failed to detail exactly what has gone up in customers packages - all smoke and mirrors designed to confuse you.

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Too true,it's beyond a joke and I don't think we should have to put up with this. Customers coming second,not exactly the right way to keep long term customers

0 Kudos
Pauline3700
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was really shocked to get the letter today informing us of the huge increase per month. 

I had just taken out TiVo last year, and not long after that there was a £5 per month increase. So, in reality, doubling the cost of TiVo for me.

And now this?

I'm moving house soon and was planning to take VM with me, I have broadband, landline, mobile phone and TV with VM. But I can't afford to pay almost £6 extra a month. I just don't have the money.

Also, considering the TV services have been slower since the upgrade, they've got a nerve asking for more money from customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Pauline3700 wrote:

I was really shocked to get the letter today informing us of the huge increase per month. 

I had just taken out TiVo last year, and not long after that there was a £5 per month increase. So, in reality, doubling the cost of TiVo for me.

And now this?

I'm moving house soon and was planning to take VM with me, I have broadband, landline, mobile phone and TV with VM. But I can't afford to pay almost £6 extra a month. I just don't have the money.

Also, considering the TV services have been slower since the upgrade, they've got a nerve asking for more money from customers.

This going to be harsh.

Cancel your services with Virgin Media. This price increases allows you to cancel your contract with no penalty.

If you can't afford something, don't have it.

0 Kudos
Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

yes. cancel, there's a good chance they'll come back to you with a better offer, which you may or may not want to takw

Ernie_C wrote:

Pauline3700 wrote:

And now this?

This going to be harsh.

Cancel your services with Virgin Media. This price increases allows you to cancel your contract with no penalty.

If you can't afford something, don't have it.

yes. cancel, there's a good chance they'll come back to you with a better offer, which you may or may not want to take.

Don't overlook Freeview if you have an aerial. It has most of the channels most people watch most of the time and now has HD.  It even has a few channels vm don' t.   Russia Today is particularly good  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Phone up retentions and try and get a better deal.  You might have to sign up for another 12 months but generally they will try to keep you.  If they don't then you know where you stand and how much Virgin value your custom and you are more than within your rights to walk away, I know I would.

Last time they sent me a letter I phoned them and they were really good, actually reduced what I was paying by a couple of quid a month and brought forward the doubling of my broadband speed.  They told me to phone them back if | ever get a letter to increase prices and they will see what they can do to help.  I guess this is because I have been a customer for 20 years.

I've not seen a letter yet so maybe I am not affected, will be interesting to see whether they keep to their word when I phone them.

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

For anyone who has received a price increase letter and perhaps feel Virgin does not appreciate them anymore as a customer or does not feel the package offers good value for money anymore, Sky are offering Sky TV for half price for 12 months with a 12 month contract.  Broadband is half price for the same period too!!

Food for thought Smiley Happy

thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

mbonnick wrote:

For anyone who has received a price increase letter and perhaps feel Virgin does not appreciate them anymore as a customer or does not feel the package offers good value for money anymore, Sky are offering Sky TV for half price for 12 months with a 12 month contract.  Broadband is half price for the same period too!!

Food for thought Smiley Happy

Yep, some excellent deals on the cashback sites too. Smiley Happy

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yet another inflation buster from VM.......time for the Android boxes I think.

Sick fed up of being nothing but a cash cow.