Menu
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin forgot to tell us multi room streaming info

Well when virgin started multi room streaming there was more restrictions on material available than anything. We was given a list of channels that was tiny so eventually I went screw this. Then now we find out virgin have lifted all restrictions and all recordings are viewable on all boxes ( but virgin told us nothing ) why not eh, that something to be proud of
johnasimmons
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin forgot to tell us multi room streaming info

I found out about it via Cable Forum - as you say VM should have been shouting about it from the streets as it is a big dea!

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any idea when it started, I wonder if this is in prep for new box in wonter
0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I believe that it's a fairly recent development, within the past couple of weeks.  It really is something that Virgin Media should be making a lot of noise about as it's a useful feature that works on the current generation of TiVo box and is something that you can't do with Sky without upgrading to their latest box.  The lifting of restrictions on MRS is probably a combination of a reaction to Sky Q and a glimpse at some of the new capabilities that are going to be in the next box.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is actually a soft launch and Virgin Media will start adverting this a bit more in the near future, perhaps with improved and more user friendly instructions on how to connect your TiVo boxes together.  It's possible that they may wait until the next software update has been released and then inform us of all the changes in one go.

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well with sky you can't really because you don't get a second box, so at least with virgin you can stream from different boxes in different rooms not just one. I think in order for the new TiVo at end of the year to stream recordings to tablets then they needed to lift restrictions. If more customers knew then it would be something to show customers Virgin aren't just sitting about.
0 Kudos