Menu
Sid4ever
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV

Please can somebody help, explain in simple terms when my services will be fixed and what the problem is with my services.

On the 28th January we lost on demand and catch up, I rang 150 and explained the situation, went through the process of turning off and on again, and it did not work.  At the same time the heart became flashing green on all 4 boxes.  Simple search of the internet suggested that this was because our boxes were not connected to the network.

The customer service agent, arranged for an engineer to visit the following Tuesday, 31st, between 1600 and 1900.  I don't work locally so took the afternoon off to ensure I would be here in plenty of time for said engineer to arrive.

However, at 1920 when the engineer had not turned up, I phoned 150 again, and went through all the rigmarole of pressing 1, 1 then 2, then 3 digits from my password and got through to a pleasant lady who when asked about the engineer went "Umm", now that was a giveaway that no engineer had been booked.  Unfortunately, and this has taught me a lesson I did not get the name of the 1st contact, but was provided with the following details to help ascertain who she was F005038235 and B********.

Sharon booked an engineer for the following Friday 3rd February.  Again I took time off work to be here, and the engineer duly arrived and tried to fix the problem.  However, even when taking my boxes to the switch, they did not connect and he left his advice slip stating 5045542 "Networks to remedy".  He also suggested signing up for text alerts.

This I did, and took great delight when the text arrived on Saturday 4th at 0825 telling me it would be fixed by the 6th February 1200. Imagine my disappointment when not 2 hours later I got another text to tell me that actually, Virgin had added another week onto the resolution time.

Was starting to learn to live with this shoddy service and thought it's ok Virgin will ensure their customers will be informed via their text alert system or service status on their webpage.  How silly of me to think that.  There has been communication silence from Virgin since the 2nd text, even though I have signed up for all the possible service status alerts affecting me at the moment.

So at the moment I am unable to watch catch up or on demand.

Then to compound this issue, now the mini guides are not working, and according to the virgin service status page, this issue will be fixed at 1325 on the 20th February.  Well guess what that was over 4 hours ago, and they are still not fixed.  I thought it's ok I will use Virgin TV anywhere to ensure that the shows we want to record we still can.  Guess what my Tivo box is not attached to the virgin network, and this does not work.

Today I phoned again, 1, 1,  2, 3 digits of password, to speak to another operative, who told me to turn the Tivo box off and on again to fix the problem.  It doesn't, and the green heart is still flashing, and from her tests my 4 boxes are greyed out as they are not connected to the virgin network,  who would have thought that. She has escalated the issue, and her senior colleagues will be reviewing our service over the next 36 to 48 hours.  Instead of reviewing why not fix the problem.

So after another half an hour, I am no further forward with understanding what the problem is, how they can fix it, when they can fix it, or even know whether they know how to fix it.

Still at least they will be happy to take my money for services which they are not providing on the 1st March 2017.

WolfieGirl
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV

I'm having the same issue
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV

Hi Sid4ever,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with this, I can understand your frustration.

I've located the account and I can see you've decided to leave us. It'll be sad to see you go but I can understand your reasons. I can also see on the account that you have been credited for the loss of service.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos