Menu
JudeChurch
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media service unavailable in SN4

Hello,

I live in SN4 and have had no service since 10am Saturday 5 December and have just received a text to say that the latest fix time is 00.00 on 10 December.  whilst its fabulous that you are sending these texts - I have had several with several fix times/updates over the last few days it would be more helpful to know what has happened and exactly what action you are taking to resolve the situation - an engineer on site doesn't really help when you are on your 2nd day of zero service.  Having tried to speak to a human to ascertain what exactly is going on I fall to this in the hope that someone will give me an update that does more than state the obvious 

0 Kudos
Sumimasen
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media service unavailable in SN4

Just wanted to add to this - I am also in SN4, and the service status updates have changed quite a few times now, extending the time until the fault is repaired each time. Info for my postcode currently states a fix time of 12.00 on Thursday 10th. Not good enough in my opinion, especially as we just last week received a letter informing us of a price increase.

If it's any use to others in the SN4 area, I had a reply to a message on Facebook saying to call a number to discuss a rebate on the bill. The number is: 150 or 0345 454 1111.

This has really inconvenienced me this weekend, and to have the issues drag on for 4 more days is shocking.

0 Kudos
JudeChurch
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have rang that number it gives you the same information that is held in the texts - not the best customer service in my opinion 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JudeChurch and Sumimasen,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing a loss of services at the week end.  I wanted to pop by and see how the services are today.

If you are having any ongoing issues, don't hesitate to give me a shout.  I'm here to help if you need anything.

All the best. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JudeChurch
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for asking we now have TV and Broadband service but still no telephone.  I'd like to understand how this affects the monthly charges.  I'd find it a hard pill to swallow being charged for services I didn't receive for 4 days and a telephone service I'm still not receiving.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JudeChurch,

I'm pleased to hear the TV and Broadband services are now working which is great to hear Smiley Happy

In regards to the Landline service, there is work being carried out to restore this service.  This is due to the same issues that caused the loss of TV and Broadband services.  I'm sorry again for the disruption this is causing.

The reference number relating to this is: F004079890 and our engineers are currently working round the clock to fix this for us.  The current estimated fix time is up to midday tomorrow (10th Dec).  This can change so subscribing to updates as you have done previously online will let you know if this changes.

You can request a credit for loss of services once the issue is resolved.  You can call our team on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  

Alternatively you can chat to our online team via: Contact Us.  We certainly don't want you to pay for a service that isn't working so our team will be happy to help sort this out for you when you get in touch Smiley Happy

Keep me posted on how you get on, I'm here if you need me for anything else. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JudeChurch
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I'm not having a go at you but why do I have to request a credit for the loss of service? I'd like to think that you know given that you've had an engineer fixing it for the past 4/5 days. I'd assumed that virgin media would have realised that they aren't looking that great in our eyes at the moment and would want to put it right without putting the onus on the customer to sort it out. There are other providers out there and we aren't tied into contracts forever.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JudeChurch,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I can appreciate where you're coming from as I know you have experience much disruption with the loss of services already.  We're unable to deal with the credit query via the forums directly so I wouldn't be able to assist in this from here.

This is why we refer any query of this nature to our teams on the phone or online chat teams to sort out for you.  

I hope the issue is fully resolved for you soon.  Any further problems, don't hesitate to ask Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JudeChurch
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I know it's not your fault but this seems to be the only place where you get a response that's not automated. It's ok I'll call them and sort it out
0 Kudos