Menu
CV25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Service Interrupted

It has now been over 30 days since my TiVo box has been able to connect to the virgin media service and therefore there is no programme data available, no TVs guide, programmes can't be recorded, on demand and catch up isn't available etc. Basically no service is available at all. I have spoken to the call centre multiple time with no success. Each time I am told that the problem will be fixed the next day, which it obviously isn't. The cause I am given fir the problem isn't consistent either, some days it is a software issue other days it is a problem with the cable. Is anyone else having a similar problem? Any advice on how to get Virgin Media to take the problem seriously? How do I get compensation for the service that I am paying for yet not receiving?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Service Interrupted

Hi CV25,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm really sorry to hear that there has been an ongoing area fault causing a problem with your TiVo service. 

I've looked into this for the latest update:

Fault Reference: F004836414

Description: You might find that you are having trouble using Interactive TV, Catch Up TV, TV On Demand and your Home menu on your TiVo® also receiving Network Availability on your service at the moment.

Review Date: 23 NOV 2016 16:00 (please be aware that this is an estimated fix time and can change due to the complexities of the fault).

If you would like to track updates on this issue, please see our Service Status page.

I can see that you have already called in and a formal complaint has been raised on this about the network outage. The Complaints team will be in touch with you regarding this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
CV25
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Really not a great response! Just the same message again and again - the fault will be fixed at a given point in the near future. Unfortunately this just isn't true, for more than a month I have been told the fault will be fixed later today or tomorrow. Obviously it isn't or I would have a working to service by now.

As the issue has been going on for so long I would expect better customer service from virgin. Some proactive communication to the customer impacted by the fault with an explanation of what has caused the fault and why it is taking so long to fix. Rolling out the same scripted answer every time is almost as annoying as the fault itself.

Very poorly done virgin media
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 30 days I would gone to another provider if that happened to me
0 Kudos
CV25
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good point.  More fool me for having believed the constant assurances that they would get the issues fixed

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi CV25,

Thank you for your reply, I'm very sorry that it wasn't the answer you were looking for. 

I have been looking into the connection and there is a blanket fault that would be affecting all results from the previous outage. You have an SNR fault, Signal to Noise Ratio, and I have enclosed the details of this below:-

Outage reference: F004902237

Est review date:     2nd December 2016

This is being worked on currently and once this is sorted we'll be able to see some results after the ticket F004836414 has been fixed.

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Markom74
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure about this?

My in laws have a TiVo box downstairs and one upstairs that is rarely used. The upstairs one is showing this message but downstairs is fine.
0 Kudos