Menu
gde1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media 1TB Box Truly Awful - Very Slow

Has anyone managed to sort out speed issues with their box? For what I pay this is terrible service. I know that it will never be up to Sky speeds but 20 seconds to change channel doesn't seem acceptable. I know people have said boxes don't have enough memory but it is becoming unwatchable. I've tried resetting it, clearing all of the ratings as suggested in other posts but nothing improves it. Does anyone have any ideas? I can't wait for my contract to end so I can go with Sky.

Tags (2)
samhall_1
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media 1TB Box Truly Awful - Very Slow

Hey I've been having same issues since virgin offered us upgrade back in january, it hs however felt like a downgrade for a higher price. not very happy at all, like you the channels, guides and menus are awfully slow. trying to use the extra tivo services and features like netflix youtube player etc just doesn't work it takes even longer to load and loads a lot quality video. Ivelost count how many times I've complained to virgin now, they sent a engineer out too me who said the box was fine just not very good and advised i wait until the new box comes out, however they still think its acceptable to charge full prices for a faulty service.

gde1977
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

At least it's not just me. A discount should be offered. What's the point in advertising the fastest broadband when they can't even provide a quick TV guide. It's looking like I will be off to Sky in Jan.

pete_at_home
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My TIVO has become very slow since the new software update with Series Link Plus.   The UI is really unresponsive at times.

Yesterday while watching ITV1 is randomly jumped into YouTube . . . .very annoying. 

0 Kudos
fishpie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I too am amazed how slow this mega update has made TiVo. Practically anything you do from scrolling through menus to flipping back to full screen TV from menus suddenly s l o w s down or freezes for several minutes for no apprant reason. Sometimes I think the box has crashed it takes so long to respond. Tried reboot,  cleared UK cache, deleted links etc

So obvious the spec of the box isn't good enough to run the current software. Rather the IT would concentrate more on speed of use than just adding features.

samhall_1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its never really worked and even on a good day when youtube may load a video after painstakingly taking ages to search for a video it plays it in really low quality. I wish virgin media would just admit there is a problem with these boxes and stop charging us full price for inadequate service!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is an issue we are aware of and are working to resolve.

Keep an eye on this thread for more information and updates.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos