Menu
Jameswilson17
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Don't Seem To Want Their TiVo Back!

Hi All,

Due to receiving an excellent offer from Sky, I decided to switch to them and cancel my VM TV service.  I gave notice to cancel my VM TV service mid-July with the TV contract ending in mid-Aug.  

Shortly after giving notice to cancel, I received an email and text to say they were sending me some form of packaging to return the TiVo box.  That never turned up so I contacted them shortly after the TV service went off and was told they would send another and suffice to say that didn't turn up.  Since mid-July I've had several emails from VM stating I'll be charged for the TiVo if I don't return it and I now must have contacted them 5 or 6 times to request the return packaging.  Despite being told they'll send me another each time I've contacted them, I'm still yet to receive said packaging.

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems ludicrous that they keep chasing the TiVo box and despite me being more than happy to return it, they don't seem to be able to do a simple task of posting me some packaging.

Mods - I was going to put in an official complaint about this but was disappointed to find that you can no longer do this by email.  I therefore thought I would post a message on here to seek your assistance in this matter as like I've stated above, I've contact you 5 or 6 times about this same issue and despite supposedly bring sent the packaging each time, none have arrived.  I don't know if there is an issue with your system, the packaging is not being dispatched, the packaging is going astray in the post or whatever but there is clearly an issue due to the number of times I've had to contact you about this matter.  At this rate, it'd have probably been easier to send a tech round to collect the TiVo.

I'd therefore be grateful if this matter could be investigated as I'd like to return the TiVo to you at the earliest opportunity but despite all my attempts to do so, there seems to be a failing in your systems.  I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Don't Seem To Want Their TiVo Back!

In my opinion, Virgin Media should collect your box in person if they wish to have it returned and not instruct ex-customers to send them via the post - its not possible for some people to do this anyway.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamesWilson17,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you have left us and that you haven't received the packaging promised yet.

I'll be happy to help out here.

I will send you a private message requesting further details.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jameswilson17
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Collette,

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for your help on this one as the returns packaging you sent turned up Thursday.  I'm not sure what your colleagues have been doing on the previous several attempts as yours turned up within a few days.  Just been to drop off the TiVo at my local Collect+ store so hopefully should be back with you next week.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

James 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi James

Collette isn't in today but I'll make sure she gets your thanks Man Happy

I hope you have a great week!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos