Menu
wosikas
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 3D on Demand

Good morning.

I have just recently purchased a 3D TV and as a Virgin customer was looking at what you did in relation to 3D content.  So looking around the Virgin website it all looked very promising.

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/ways-to-watch/3d/index.html

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2442&CURRENT_C...

So I thought great looks like some decent content.

Then?

1. Find that there actually is not "On Demand" service you have miscommunicated to your customers on the website

2. There is 1 film as of 31/8 under On Demand only

3. I phone Virgin media to get confusing information from your support team.

- Oh we are in discussion to put together an On Demand Service !!!! (Not what your website says)

- Oh yes there is a demand service (from a 2nd individual I am put through to) it changes daily.  

So I say but there is 1

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 3D on Demand

Good morning to you too wosikas,

I too have issues regarding VM's advertised services. Having signed up for tivo because I wanted access to BBC iplayer I soon found out that iplayer did not work for me. After many posts on this forum and calls to 150 I realised that not all services are fully available as advertised. The agent who I spoke to on 150 told me that as iplayer was a "free" add on I had no cause to complain.

Whilst my family were home for Xmas we tried accessing netflix which again did not work for me. A call to 150 returned the same result as before.... to paraphrase  the resulting reply, "we dont provide the service it's provided by netflix and it is their fault". No apology and even worse I was almost made to feel that I was wasting their time....shocking.  

Now VM have problems with youtube..... I will let you guess their current policy and 'stock replies'.

I gave up trying to access these services on the tivo and (like you) bought myself a 3d smart tv which performs all of these functions flawlessly. My birthday present this year was a bluray player so I now have acccess to all the functions  and apps, including 3d, which my tv is designed for.

My tivo is now only used as a DVR/PVR and it performs this basic task very well even if it is far too convoluted, with far too many button presses to achieve even the most simple operations (see the hundreds of posts about the EPG and FAVOURITE settings for example). This still annoys me even after two years of having to "get used to it".

VM's entry level service is also very limited in its offerings of their choice of the freeview output, there is more choice on freeview proper and IMO the ariel picture is slightly better than cable viewing. Tivo does attempt to upscale SD to 1080i but the tv still has a better resolution.

But returning to your point regarding how VM advertise their product I can only agree that, whilst it is almost certainly legal, it really does not give the consumer the full facts, and it does 'overdress' the capabilities and services which they are fully capable of providing accross the board.

As far as I know VM have had run-ins with Ofcom and the ASA in the past but the more people who take time out to complain, the better the chances of them becoming more realistic when advertising this product/service.

0 Kudos
wosikas
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Completely agree with your response. It is indeed very frustrating.

This response is now to Virgin who I presume have people who follow the threads in this forum accordingly.

Please can I have a response to my question and what you intend to do about this?

Regards.

Stuart.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart and Browser01,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you are not happy with the 3D content available on your Virgin Media services.

Right now, there is one 3D On Demand film available for rental. 

We are working with broadcasters to improve this service and to bring new content to our services. I have passed your feedback to our development team regarding the "overdressing" of the 3D capabilities and the lack of content of Virgin Media 3D.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

All the best.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For the record  I am not interested in VM's tivo service(or lack of). As mentioned before, the reasons I bought into the system was for basic access to bbc iplayer. Tivo failed spectacularly in this the most basic of demands and I had to jump through all the hoops VM put out in order to get you to finally admit that the ongoing problem with iplayer actually existed. A simple apology and admission of the tivo's/network failure to deliver the advertised technology would have gone a long way in improving your customer services; this unfortunately wasn't the case.

I am lucky enough to have been able to upgrade my tv services without the reliance on VM or should I call it Liberty Global?

I have however kept my eye on this forum and the problems other people have to endure.

You know that problems exist for many people: iplayer, netflix, 3d, optical sound outputs, unexpected deletion of library recordings....the list goes on, and I do genuinely feel sorry for the moderators here when they eventually get around to replying people who feel ripped-off and let down by VM.

A huge amount of customer disappoinment could be avoided by making sure that your advertising and website contained only the guaranteed basics you are capable of delivering and where you fail to do so you should admit to your shortcomings.

A simple caveat stating that "NOT ALL ADVERTISED SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE TO ALL CUSTOMERS" would suffice and make your advertising LEGAL DECENT HONEST AND TRUTHFUL which I would remind you is a requirement under British law.

I am sure you will take the possibility of Group Action with the ASA seriously and that you will forward this post/ feedback to your development team.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

All the best.

Browser

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Browser,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I certainly will pass on your feedback.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

One quick question Terri. What does the 'links' symbol next to a post signify? I can't find a description for this mark anywhere 😕

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Browser01,

The 'link' symbol will indicate that a thread contains a URL link if someone has posted one within their post.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

If you need anything else, just give me a shout.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos