Menu
Gregsy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vevo - driving me mad

Hi, If I use Vevo for the first time in a day, it asks me to put in a verification code each time and I have to got and put the broadband on, log on to my laptop and connect. Is there a way to avoid doing this. I didn't mind doing it one time but every time on that day - really? Am I doing something wrong please? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vevo - driving me mad

Hi Gregsy,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you have to add an activation code each time you use VEVO each day.  I'd like to help check this out for you. 

Can you advise if you still have to do this today?  If so, I will get this checked further.  

I'm here to help so keep me posted.  

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gregsy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, I have just used Vevo without it asking me for a verification code but I have the broadband on at the minute whereas I don't have it on all the time or want to have it on all the time and that's when it asked me for the code. I need to see if it works when the broadband is off so will keep you updated. Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gregsy,

Thanks for the update.  

I'd like to ask, does it ask for the activation code when you access the App or a video?  If you can let me know and keep me posted that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Gregsy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, I don't seem to be getting the message for an activation code at the moment so what did you do at your end? One problem I do seem to be having is that the broadband router keeps dropping out which is really annoying. Thanks, Greg.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the update, I can't claim credit for the VEVO app issue you had although I wish I could Smiley Wink

I'm glad it's not happening anymore for you so this is great to hear.  In regards to your Broadband, you will be best posting to our guys to have a look for you.  

For Wired Broadband Connections: QuickStart, set up and connections and for Wireless connections: Networking and wireless.

If you have any further problems at all don't hesitate to get in touch with us.  

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Gregsy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I tried to watch a Vevo video I had searched for the other night and it asked me log onto my Vevo account and enter the verification code it was showing on the TV screen. I didn't have the broadband on, so turned it all on, created an account on Vevo and then entered a verification code and then it worked. Can I just check please that none of this will result in additional charges to me from either Virgin or Vevo please? I didn't reply to the Vevo verification email but it still worked. Also I don't understand if I have to keep going through this process everytime I want to use Vevo? Thanks, Greg.

0 Kudos