Menu
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Vevo - appalling

How bad is this then?

Managed to activate and decide to listen to some Slash and the thing keeps freezing. Just like any onDemand service from TiVo. 

Gotta laugh....Virgin Media have lost the plot

Tags (1)
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 2 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Vevo - sound quality rubbish!

How can TV on demand regress like this?

Videos freeze, sound is rubbish and empty. I am flabbergasted Virgin Media released this garbage

Tags (1)
Sandrah
Dialled in
Message 3 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vevo - appalling

I didn't even get that far, waited about 5 mins for it to load went in to search box found my search, then couldn't get out of search box to play it....came out in disgust, went to music on demand and guess what, theres an option for karaoke or vevo so you have to use it no matter what!! what a load of rubbish, sky is looking more and more inviting and I've been with this firm for 20 years now, and I have to say that Virgin Media is the WORST one that's taken over cable tv aka blueyonder.

ramduck
Up to speed
Message 4 of 56
Flag for a moderator

when we have internet access why have this app on the tivo box? it is slow ,difficult to use and limited. why the big fanfare? unless you think this will cover the price hike next month???

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Goatmasterfunk,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that VEVO and On Demand is freezing up on you.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and there is a signal issues that needs addressing by an engineer.  I will be happy to arrange an appointment for you.  I will send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

The signal issue detected will affect all Apps and On Demand services.  An engineer will be able to get this fixed for you. Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sandrah,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy  I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing slow performance with your TiVo® service.  

I have taken a look at your box remotely to see what's causing this for you, there is a detectable signal issue and also some time-outs on the line.  Can you please power off/on the box to refresh and let me know when this has been done?  Once confirmed, I will re-check the box remotely to see if the signal/time-outs issue has cleared and take it from there.

Thank you for your patience, let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Goatmasterfunk
Dialled in
Message 7 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree........it's a useless app.
I would rather they streamline the TiVo box and remove all the garbage we don't need and concentrate on making the service stable and reliable.

And yes, definitely trying to justify the price hike

MarkfromLeigh
Tuning in
Message 8 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Used to enjoy watching music on demand, now can't find a single video of interest. They have been reducing the number of concerts on there for sometime but now you have to be a radio one fan to find a single video of interest. Think it time to rethink my package
Mjlarge
Joining in
Message 9 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Same here, the previous on demand music was ok. This new Vevo is utter rubbish. Takes ages to load or crashes the box forcing a re start. When loaded and you get past the advert on every damn video, the video generally freezes. Can't seem to find a back to menu button. This is the last straw for me and the ever spiralling downward decline of the Virgin experience. The TiVo box has been slow from day one. Apps are terrible, Netflix in particular. rebooting makes no difference. Virgin recently upgraded my broadband speed for free to 100mbs. Thanks but over wifi this makes no odds for older devices the can't handle the higher speed. Time to downgrade package I think.

MarkfromLeigh
Tuning in
Message 10 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Just tried it again feeling it couldn't possibly be as bad as first thought,  found an artist of interest to me with numerous  videos, chose one to watch, at end it then started playing (after long gap) a video that was not remotely similar to original artist and to get back to their other videos had to start the whole typing out in their garbage search box all over again. This is simply useless and a massive downgrade