Menu
Ptburkis
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vevo App - getting back to the Vevo menu

When I'm using the Vevo app and start playing a music video, how do I get back to the Vevo menu to pick another track or playlist? At the moment the only way I can think of doing it is completely coming out of the app and back again... Problem is, I don't have 30 mins to waste doing that ;-)
Tags (1)
gregory8391
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vevo App - getting back to the Vevo menu

I would love to know that too. Vevo is the biggest load of crap I have ever come across!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ptburkis

Welcome to the Community, I've had a little play around with the app in the office and found a work around that should save you going back to the menu.

If you click the plus button in the bottom, right corner of the screen, it takes you to a page to ask you to enter a code on a browser. If you ignore that and click the left button on the remote, you'll be back in the menu Man Happy

Any questions, just give me a shout and I'll try to put together some screenshots.

Hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

If you click the plus button in the bottom, right corner of the screen, it takes you to a page to ask you to enter a code on a browser. If you ignore that and click the left button on the remote, you'll be back in the menu Man Happy

Thanks for that I was wondering exactly the same thing. I have to agree with the previous posters (and those in the other thread about Vevo) that the app is rubbish (how could it be deployed without a logical/easy way to navigate back to the menu) and everything I search for seems to be unavailable. Wish you would ditch Vevo and bring back the old Music OnDemand service which was so much better.

I have actually given up with Vevo and revert to the you tube app and search for the music video there - at least you are almost guaranteed to find it.

Not impressed Smiley Mad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You don't actually need to go to the plus sign first (which is add to playlist).

The convention in the Vevo app is go left to get to the 'top' of the app.

So whenever a video is playing, if you just keep pressing left you'll get the menu up - you can see the selection move to I< in the play controls just before the menu appears. If you're watching a video the menu be displayed over the video which continues to play until you make a menu choice e.g search or settings.

The UI choices for apps on TiVo are the responsibility of the providers. For Vevo the TiVo app works in exactly the same way as it does on the PS4, and I'd expect other devices too.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback guys, we're always looking to improve so we really appreciate it.

@Ptburkis - Try Ben's suggestion above Man Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
merlin78
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

i can get get back to the menu by going left, however the really big pain is say when populating playlists you search for an artist, put a clip on/get it on your playlist however want to get back to the many other options by that artist (without searching again) - how do you do this?  At the moment I am having to search from the beginning each time to pull up the same artist after every clip and it's driving me to despair.  Am I missing something?  

0 Kudos