Menu
eddieryan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very very annoyed!! Series Link+ recordings not set

Why can't I trust the Series Link settings on Tivo?

I just had my box changed recently,so have reprogrammed everything from scratch. Only 3% of the 1TB memory has been used.

Quite by chance, I just happened to notice earlier tonight that Match Of The Day is not on my planned recordings list for this coming Saturday. I watched last weekend's recording, so the Series Link has been working up to now.

I went to Saturday night's tv guide listings for BBC1, found MOTD - and it says I have a Series Link!!!!!

Series Link settings are as follows:

Recordings only>New episodes only>New only>108 BBC1HD>HD if possible>Keep up to 25 recordings (I deleted last week's & all previous shows after watching them)>Keep until I delete>Start 1 min early>Stop 2 mins after.

Match Of The Day is showing as a New show - so there's absolutely no reason why this shouldn't record!!

I don't pay for a service & then have to keep second-guessing it - I may as well just trawl through the tv guide on a day-by-day basis & manually record everything. At least that way I could guarantee the programmes would record.

What's most galling is that I just happened to notice this. How many others have I not noticed?

Massively, massively p**sed-off and disappointed with Virgin over this.

Has this happened to anyone else, or can anyone from Virgin explain it?

UPDATE: I just checked in Recording Hiccups for this coming Saturday night & it's showing as a Duplicate!!!! Saturday night is the first time it's on (and it even says First Shown 24/09/16!) - the repeat is on Sunday mornings. This is not difficult, guys!

As an aside, I have also noticed the recent issue (which Virgin denied any knowledge of before), where everything from Saturday week (so only 12 days ahead) on the "main" channels (All the BBC, ITV c4 & c5 channels and Gold and W) are showing as "To Be Announced". This is getting pathetic. The last time this happened, the problem only resoved itself the day before, so none of the Series Links on those channels was set.

Sort this out, Virgin, or I really will have to consider moving to Sky rather than upgrading to Eos.

Helpful Answers
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very very annoyed!! Series Link+ recordings not set

Hi Dude 

Do a full reset clear everything that should fix it.

cheers

RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dude

I know what you mean I had stuff on mine and stuff to record but I did it with other box and slowly started to add recording which it works better after a full reset and recording and streaming works better I think.

Cheers
Shaun

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Am wondering now given your other post if there's a problem with your box. Try rebooting. If that doesn't do it try home-help-settings-network-connect to virgin media. 

eddieryan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try when I get home.

It's a brand-new box (only installed 10 days ago), so I hope there isn't a problem with it!

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dude 

Do a full reset clear everything that should fix it.

cheers

eddieryan
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @RockerSBM

Thanks for the tip.

That's not really possible though, as I have stuff recorded that I haven't got round to watching - only 7%, but there are several films on there, so it's not really a case of just watching them quickly - I also have lots of planned recordings & Series Links set, so I really don't want to have to reprogramme them all over again.

And I shouldn't really have to, as it's a brand new box - and this is only happening with MOTD it seems. It's recognising the Sunday morning repeat as the New original recording, and the Saturday night original as a duplicate! So when I cancel the Sunday morning repeat recording, it won't record the Saturday night one as it thinks it's a duplicate! This never used to happen. I guess the only other work-around is to set it to record Everything & just cancel the Sunday morning repeat every time.

Hopefully the EOS box will have these sorts of errors ironed-out, as I'm quite looking forward to upgrading, but not if there are going to be the same problems as with the Tivo box.

0 Kudos
amonline
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Most likely is that you are looking on your tv guide at BBC1 channel 101 which is NOT showing it as set to record, but if you were to look down the guide at BB1HD channel 108 then it would show it IS going to record since they are separate channels even though they show the same programmes.

0 Kudos
RockerSBM
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dude

I know what you mean I had stuff on mine and stuff to record but I did it with other box and slowly started to add recording which it works better after a full reset and recording and streaming works better I think.

Cheers
Shaun
LSD24
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've just rebooted my tivo as it was freezing during playback. I've just reprogammed my series links & in my planned recordings only have listings for today & tomorrow. I also had the TBA on guide and I'm also looking into Sky 🙄