Menu
tombillam
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very slow tivo box when recording or adding series links

Every week, I go through the tv guide deciding what to record. However when trying to record programmes, or setting up series links, a buffering symbol comes up that stays for about 15-20 seconds each time. previously when using a tivobox at a previous address, recording a programme or series link was instant. Also, on occasion, the same happens when deleting programmes from my list. any ideas that don't involve spending ages reseting the whole box?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow tivo box when recording or adding series links

Hi there tombillam, 

I'd like to take this chance to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing a delay when setting your recordings. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and have discovered that your Hard Drive is reporting some errors, so I'd like to arrange for someone to call out and investigate this for you. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there tombillam, 

Just thought I'd check in with you to see if you've been able to view my private message from yesterday with the offer of a technician booking as I've not had a reply. 

If this is something that you'd like me to arrange please come back to me. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tombillam
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks huw. sorry for delayed response. Monday or Tuesday next week would be good. The afternoon slot being preferred. Thanks for the swift response
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Tombilam, 

Thank you for coming back to me on this, I've sent you another private message with details of the technician booking. 

Many thanks

Huw

0 Kudos