Menu
JemCookie
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Very slow loading

My Netflix takes a long time to load, like so many other posts i've read. It takes between 1 and 2 minutes to load. Also loading on demand menus seems to take a long time. Once Netflix has loaded the menus take an age to populate the film listings, almost like its downloading very slowly. The input is very laggy so you press the button and nothing happens then you press it again and it moves twice. With 100MB broadband this shouldn't be happening. Maybe Virgin need to Upgrade their boxes, it's quality I want not quantity. I had less than half the broadband speed with my previous supplier and everything loaded about 8 times quicker.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow loading

Hi JemCookie,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Netflix and On Demand aren't running faster for you.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks remotely with the TiVo®, all is looking super with the signal and power levels right now.  I have also had a look at the network side and there's no high demand either which I'm pleased to see.

I'd like to check a bit further, can you please let me know if you get the same responses when using BBC iPlayer and/or YouTube?  

If you can let me know I can check further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
superblue32
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box runs like I do..... very very slowly. My wife is a bit fed up with us both. She's already abandoned the Tivo box in favour of apps on the TV, and I'm a bit worried about the way she looks at the postman. Can you help?

0 Kudos
JemCookie
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette. Thanks for your response, we tried BBC iPlayer and YouTube and after pressing the app button it took at least a minute for each one to load.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi superblue32,

Welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I will be happy to help check this out for you, I'm sorry that things aren't running faster for you.  I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks great signal wise and there's no network problems present.

I'd love to know more about what is running slowly.  Is it just the Apps?  Or do you find the same slowness with changing channels, navigating the menu?

If you can let me know more, I can check further.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JemCookie,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have re-checked the box and network remotely and all is still looking fine from here with no detectable problems found.  

Do you get the same response if oyu use the buttons on the front of the box itself?  I just want to rule out a possible faulty remote control.

If you can let me know and I will check this further.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
jtlphantom
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've always assumed that rather than this being a fault it is just a general problem with Virgin Tivo? I've had it for several months now and I hardly ever use Netflix or BBC iPlayer or YouTube because they take so long to load and use. Trying to watch The Bridge on Netflix was almost impossible. It was almost ok if you watched it straight through but if you had to pause it due to an interruption you usually had to come right out of Netflix onto Tv, which took about 5 minutes, then go all the way back in again. So this isn't normal?

Interestingly, if I watch a Netflix original like Daredevil it works much better after the initial slow loading.

Switching back from Netflix to regular TV always takes ages - is this normal also?

Is this something I should be complaining about?

Cheers,

Jonathon

0 Kudos
Steve1956
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same here the super hub TiVo box is so slow it's painfull they say turn it of then turn it back on so it can reboot but just the same slowwwwwwwww

JemCookie wrote:
My Netflix takes a long time to load, like so many other posts i've read. It takes between 1 and 2 minutes to load. Also loading on demand menus seems to take a long time. Once Netflix has loaded the menus take an age to populate the film listings, almost like its downloading very slowly. The input is very laggy so you press the button and nothing happens then you press it again and it moves twice. With 100MB broadband this shouldn't be happening. Maybe Virgin need to Upgrade their boxes, it's quality I want not quantity. I had less than half the broadband speed with my previous supplier and everything loaded about 8 times quicker.

Steve 

0 Kudos
cod2209
Just browsing
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes you should complain , but it wont do much good , the service is rubbish...agree so slow its almost unworkable ...can only suggest you go to sky , as I will be asap

0 Kudos
cod2209
Just browsing
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

are you kidding ???? you must know your TiVo box is slow for every user it is garbage!!!!!" how can you reply with the same platitudes " we will check you signal, hardware send engineer etc. " when you must know your Tivo box is just slow rubbish hard ware and software. Be honest and admit its just not fit for purpose. Please don't waste everyone's time posting platitudes and rubbish , virgin TV is what it is crap

0 Kudos