Menu
CSmithy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very loud noise when pausing FF or Rewinding

My TiVo box has been intermittently making a loud noise when I pause live TV or either FF or Rewind stored TV. I have spoken to the tech guys on the phone and after an hour of testing (everything looked fine from Virgin) and changing the main HDMI cable the problem persists. It is not every day but at the moment quite often.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very loud noise when pausing FF or Rewinding

Hi CSmithy,

Welcome to the Community, it's great to have you with us Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the noise when FF and Rewinding, I would like to know if this is happening on certain certain channels or shows? Also, can you give the box a reboot as this is recommended at this time Smiley Happy

Thank you. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
CSmithy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben
Thanks for getting back to me. The problem happens whilst watching any live channels and as far as I am able to establish any recorded ones too. I cannot see any links between channels - my grandson was watching BT Sports last week and it happened then too - a channel I never watch.
It doesn't happen when we watch Netflix through the TV directly (not using the TiVo) nor with Amazon. It really seems to be the TiVo box.
Regards
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi CSmithy,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to ask if the HDMI port has also been tried?

If so and this still persists, please have a look in your 'Inbox',  I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
CSmithy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

We have changed the HDMI cable to a high quality one - is this what you refer to?

0 Kudos