Menu
SteveDW
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Various problems: picture pixelating, power lost, box VERY sluggish...

Hi - this past week or two, we've noticed our TiVo box has started to get various faults:

1. sometimes on the terrestrial HD channels (mainly Channel 4), the picture pixelates very badly - and sometimes goes completely(!)...  it's mainly for things recorded in the afternoon/early evening (eg. "15 to 1").

2. it keeps on part-recording or totally missing programmes between 7:00 - 8.30/9 pm, with the message "power lost" in Recording Hiccups (even though there's always been a power-supply)

3. the box is VERY sluggish... if you press a button, it always takes about 5-10 seconds for it to actually do anything - and sometimes you just get that annoying circle thing going 'round and 'round constantly...(!)

We've tried resetting it a couple of times, but that doesn't seem to help.  Is anyone else having these sort of issues? Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Various problems: picture pixelating, power lost, box VERY sluggish...

Hi SteveDW,

I am sorry to read about the recent interruptions on the TV services, especially with the pixilation and losing power.

I have been looking into this and have been able to find an issue with the TiVo, looks like this is off right now. This would require an engineer to help adjust this and bring this back to a normal operation.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SteveDW
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have been looking into this and have been able to find an issue with the TiVo, looks like this is off right now. This would require an engineer to help adjust this and bring this back to a normal operation.

Thanks Ben... since the update this morning (Tues) though, everything seems fine/back to normal.  Do I still need to do anything about the fault you found?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveDW,

Thanks for the reply, that update is great, I had it this morning and has made things faster Smiley Happy

I am only concerned as I wasn't able to see the box turned on and assumed that this was off not to waste any energy in the home. If you're saying that this is working well then that is great Smiley Happy

If you do need anything at all in the future, just pop me a message here and I'll be right with you Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know