Menu
tac2983
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

VM engineer cut me off

Hi, my mum and dad had a VM engineer in their street yesterday, he knocked and said he was doing some work and that he needed to cut them off while he worked on a 'freyed' cable. They were without any service most of the day, when they went out to check they found that the engineer had cut the cable and left it strewn across the street and had then gone, he was nowhere to be found. They called up the 'help' line who said they were sorry and then said they'd have to wait until 16th December to get reconnected, this was on a call to India. They have no Broadband, no TV and no phone. To really rub salt in the wound this us the second time a VM engineer has done this, the first time was when a neighbour had Tivo installed!

We called up to complain and a chap in Scotland apologised profusely and assured us that an engineer would be out first thing this morning to repair the cable... big shock, he never arrived! We called up again only to be told that the appointment wouldn't be today and would have to wait until the 16th!

Getting to the point, VM can't possibly expect them to go without for 9 days? Surely they could fix this sooner! Anyone else had a similar experience? I've been with them years and never had anything this bad, normally their complaints team are **bleep** hot and get things sorted quickly!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM engineer cut me off

Hi Tom,

Another quick update, the team have advised that they will send a manager out today to try and fix from the outside of the property.

They've tried contacting you to confirm this.

Let me know if there is anything more that I can help with,

Nat.

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hi that needs sorting immediately that is no way virgin engineers can call your parents to say there cutting you off with out reason and cutting you off with out warning thats not acceptable if they add reasons they should leave a message the reason being forum team can help sort this they will tell you what to do im only a helper plus part customer member of forum community jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know about this tac2983,

I am really very sorry to hear that this has happened and as mentioned by jonathanlouis, this is not acceptable.

I have contacted the area field manager to escalate this and to contact you ASAP to get this resolved.

I will make sure to get back to you as soon as I receive further information.

Speak to you soon and apologies once more for the inconvenience,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
tac2983
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is my belief that the VM engineer has cut them off to repair another issue and either been waylaid and forgotten or been called away to something else. My parents are not best pleased either way, they had a call today to say that the engineer would be around on the 12th but again this is anot her 4 days without their service and in my opinion is still not good enough given that it was through no fault of their own!

I shall await your contact.

Regards

Tom
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

They should at least send a card with reasons being from engineer why the team can take it from here many thanks again for posting
0 Kudos
tac2983
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I was just wondering when I should expect to hear from someone about this? I have some pictures of how the engineer has left it if that helps!
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

you can that would help nat from forum as detailed you about this you will be contacted buy her or if not it will be another 1 of the team she as contacted you if you could post the photos that will be great to all the best from jonni private message you nat forum staff team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me about this Tom,

I am still awaiting a response from the team regarding this.

I will try calling the team for you today though to escalate this further.

Thanks also to Jonni for assisting. Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Tom,

I've spoken with the team and provided all of the relevant information regarding this and they advised that they will try and get this sorted for you today.

I'll get back to you if I hear anything more regarding this.

Nat_J

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

just 1 thing nat did you refresh the box yesterday afternoon the box rebooted if not ok
0 Kudos