Menu
phEfrek4
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

VM TiVo Improvments

Hello VM, after using the TiVo system for a while I have found some areas in which the system could be improved, first off I can't belive that VM has renewed their contract with TiVo as I belive the system has major flaws which most users will find, first of the sheer speed of the system is shocking it takes for ever to do anything and is so unresponsive the VM network has major potential however the TiVo system is letting them down it really it needs replacing or at least a major overhaul again. Okay but as were having to stick with the system here are a few areas in which the system could be improved. *Allowing to clear the whole recently deleted folder instead of manually having to clear them one by one. *Grouping items on demand + catch up, as when you go to OnDemand you have a full page of the same thing so grouping them such as (TV Series Name > Series No > Episode No) would be much better and allow much easier browsing. *When on the guide pressing "OK" on a program will zap to that channel but not close the guide and keep it open as that would be useful when browsing for something to watch. *One playback of a recorded program allow the user to playback from a period of time as having to fastfoward to a point can be annoying. I think I have covered all of the areas of improvment and hope that the VM Engineers will overhaul the system.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM TiVo Improvments

phEfrek4 wrote:
Hello VM, after using the TiVo system for a while I have found some areas in which the system could be improved, first off I can't belive that VM has renewed their contract with TiVo as I belive the system has major flaws which most users will find, first of the sheer speed of the system is shocking it takes for ever to do anything and is so unresponsive the VM network has major potential however the TiVo system is letting them down it really it needs replacing or at least a major overhaul again. Okay but as were having to stick with the system here are a few areas in which the system could be improved. *Allowing to clear the whole recently deleted folder instead of manually having to clear them one by one. *Grouping items on demand + catch up, as when you go to OnDemand you have a full page of the same thing so grouping them such as (TV Series Name > Series No > Episode No) would be much better and allow much easier browsing. *When on the guide pressing "OK" on a program will zap to that channel but not close the guide and keep it open as that would be useful when browsing for something to watch. *One playback of a recorded program allow the user to playback from a period of time as having to fastfoward to a point can be annoying. I think I have covered all of the areas of improvment and hope that the VM Engineers will overhaul the system.

*Allowing to clear the whole recently deleted folder instead of manually having to clear them one by one.

Why on earth would you want to clear programmes from the recently deleted folder in the first place? Programmes in this folder are deleted automatically when space is required.

*One playback of a recorded program allow the user to playback from a period of time as having to fastfoward to a point can be annoying.

Find the fast forward method much easier than having to remember a specific time. I can find the point I want to view from in a couple of seconds. I could never remember a specific time when I was with Sky. Of course if you are resuming the playback of a recording then it will simply resume from when you left off.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
SabsH
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The one thing I miss from Sky is being able to delete a whole folder. I currently have 160 episodes of Dallas which I won't be watching. I am not looking forward to deleting them one by one...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

SabsH wrote:
The one thing I miss from Sky is being able to delete a whole folder. I currently have 160 episodes of Dallas which I won't be watching. I am not looking forward to deleting them one by one...

Highlight the folder and press the clear button

dandoc2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The TIVO box is awful. Coming from a Sky plus box ( No dish allowed at flat) I had no choice but to get the TIVO.

It's so slow and crashes constantly!

CANNOT WAIT to go back to sky as such a good interface ! 

0 Kudos
JKDerry
Dialled in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, you are right, I used to have Sky then switched to Virgin. Their broadband generally is very good. Their Tivo is awful. 

Their signal and picture quality is vastily terrible compared to satellite. 

Luckily I still have satellite, and I purchased a Freesat+ box. WOW! Excellent quality, 300 hours storage and plenty of channels all for free. One thing I noticed is the quality of the channel pictures is far better than cable. 

I am considering ditching Tivo, keep their broadband along with my Freesat. 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I suppose that it is all a matter of taste.

I have had both V+ and Tivo with Virgin and also the Sky Plus HD box with Sky and I definitely prefer the Tivo. I have no problems with signal strength, excellent picture quality (same quality as my Freesat reception) and I find it a better box to use than the Sky one.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Wolfie11
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The issue of Tivo being slow isn't across the board. Mine is a little slow when it's first woken up but after the first couple of remote presses it's fine and no worse than SKY. Rubbishing the system based on your personal experience is a bit harsh & maybe you need to get your system looked at?.

Having had SKY for many years & swapping to Tivo a few months ago, they both have pros and cons. I think the picture quality is about the same. SKY+HD is a bit more user friendly maybe and I preferred their on-demand stuff - but then the third tuner on Tivo is a big plus.

On balance I would say that if SKY had the third tuner I might be tempted to return - IF I could reconcile myself with the fact I'd be supporting the Murdoch empire. I'm not sure I could do that again!.
0 Kudos
1701-e
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

*Allowing to clear the whole recently deleted folder instead of manually having to clear them one by one. Just highlight the folder and press clear!
0 Kudos
dandoc2
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The android app allows you to and I think iOS too
0 Kudos