Menu
Mrmartin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN scam : NETFLIX is NOT working with TIVO

Hi,

Netflix is not working on my virgin medi TIVO despit the fact that they advertise netflix and "give it for free for 6 month"

I had a customer support manager on the phone (Gilly for the record, she can explain you the full story) she explained me that because the APP is free they cant do any gesture

This is a total scam as the only reason I'm with virgin is because they gave netflix for free for 6 month and then you can watch it on your TIVO when the true is that netflix is not working with virgin media

I have no other way to watch netflix so I end up paying for netflix AND virgin for absolutely nothing .. on top of that because they gave me netflix "for free" I have to stay with them 18 month

I'm considering opening a case with which.com If we are enough people maybe they will do something and give us a refund for the 6 month when it was not working

Please contact me on this forum if you are interested in joining me

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN scam : NETFLIX is NOT working with TIVO

netflix works with both my tivo's i use
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You can watch netflix on a smartphone running android or IOS or Windows OS  on a tablet with any of those I just mentioned on a PC running windows, OS X Ubuntu on a lot of DVD and Blu Ray players on Smart TV's on Apple TV on a Wii U and Wii  on a PS 3 and PS 4 On and Xbox 360 and an Xbox 1 on a Nintendo 2DS and 3DS and a You View STB, and probably a few other things I can't think of

0 Kudos
Mrmartin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's not my point - please read my post - I'm watching it on TV only and I dont have a computer ( im posting from work)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrmartin,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your are being affected by the fault with Netflix cutting out.  

It is something that is being worked on by our fault teams, whilst we don't have a specific fix time for this as yet, we are keen to get this issue resolved.

I'm sorry that we're unable to provide a credit for this service at present.  The subscription cost goes directly to Netflix, our box just carries the App.   If you have no other means of accessing Netflix other than the TiVo® box, I'd recommend that the subscription be cancelled until we do have the issue resolved or you have an alternative means to access Netflix during this time.

I know this may not be the solution you are looking for, as soon as we know more about the Netflix fault we shall keep you posted.

Thank you for your patience.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have never been able to watch Netflix through my Tivo with any confidence, although to be fair I haven't tried it in a while as I watch the US version....shhhhh

Watch it on my LG smart TV which works perfectly all the time, every time.

0 Kudos
MrGiles2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I rarely use Tivo Box for Netflix, I have found it too slow and clunky in loading. Instead I use my Sony Blu-Ray Player wirelessly and it works quite fast with great sound and picture. It is a shame that the Tivo box is slow, perhaps it needs updating.

Mrmartin
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I understand that Virgin media is not willing to take responsibility for that despite the fact that they use netflix as a marketing leverage : ref the ex 6 month netflix free offer or this on your website "Netflix is perfect for watching on TiVo, but you can also get your fix on your gadgets. Get viewing on your tablet, games console, Smart TV or mobile. Perfect if you’re out and about or want to watch a guilty pleasure in peace."
This is what i call a SCAM from Virgin media and the user should be aware that NETFLIX is NOT working on TIVO before signing a 18 month engagement with VIRGIN MEDIA

I will of course informe as many forum as possible as VIRGIN is not willing to take this seriously And givre proper compensation - its now 6 month that its not working for certain user And we should get compensation spécial my when we pay to be able to use TiVo with Netflix. Virgin media is not working with Netflix and this is a scam
http://store.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/channels/netflix.html
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

NETFLIX WORKS FOR ME!!!!

so netflix Does work with Tivo
0 Kudos
Mrmartin
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

NETFLIX IS NOT WORKING WITH VIRGIN
You are not a virgin customer any more so how can you say that ? You are a troll
Obviously Netflix is not working with virgin as per message from a lot of users :
Virgin already knows the issue its all on the forum and I keep calling you without success as its been 6 month like WE SHOULD GET A REFUND cc Which? http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Netflix-stuck-Buffering-at-25-Help-ple...
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Netflix-stuck-on-25/td-p/2426299
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Netflix-randomly-stops-at-25/td-p/2810...
Tags (3)
0 Kudos