Menu
FreshOutTheBox3
Up to speed
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

V6!!

Ok guys. You've got me! I see the Virgin Media Corporate Twitter page has just teased this new TiVo V6 box and I want to know anything and everything about it! I want one. I need one! Can anyone fulfill my thirst? 😂
Fresh
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6!!

No, no one can slake your desires. No further information available other than this tantalising view!

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
FreshOutTheBox3
Up to speed
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Worth a try Howard 😂 I'll just have to keep refreshing!
Fresh
0 Kudos
johnathome
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well looking at the pic i assume it doesn't have a HDD and you have to use video tapes for recording?

0 Kudos
karnka
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Very early to be asking I'm sure but I'm wondering if there'll be a pilot program for the V6 like we had for the current TiVo. Anything to get it a bit early Smiley Wink

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

There is an older thread that tells you all you want to know about the V6 -  Here personally at £200  for the box and £15 per month extra they can stick  it where the sun don't shine.

0 Kudos
karnka
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm... I've just read a fair chunk of the cable forums post and it doesn't sound good. I remember paying an extra £6/month for the TiVo at one point but this would be beyond reasonable.

Looks like Sky have some reasonable deals for switching atm.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

barrylowry wrote:

There is an older thread that tells you all you want to know about the V6 -  Here personally at £200  for the box and £15 per month extra they can stick  it where the sun don't shine.

Hardly conclusive proof of the prices, somebody told somebody who told somebody else. Where is the official source?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
karnka
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The CF thread linked from it seems likely to be legit. The source is a well known one there.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

karnka wrote:
The CF thread linked from it seems likely to be legit. The source is a well known one there.

I have been reading the CF forum for years. The source is not official and has not always been correct.

As I said above, where is the official source? I am amused that people are making decisions already before there is any confirmation.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos