Menu
Highlighted
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Question

I understand there is no Scart facility for the V6 box but it does have an S-Video socket. Could I use an S-Video/Scart adapter to connect an apliance to the box?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Question

No that socket is disabled

av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is one option to consider.

A HDMI splitter - 1 HDMI cable into TV, another into a HDMI to Scart adapter. Then a scart cable from the adaptor into your DVD recorder. It will work but picture quality will be degraded to some degree depending on what scart adaptor you use and you may or may not be happy with the result.

If you fancy a read.

Bit of a gamble really but you could always go back to TiVo if you weren't happy.

Why do you want to upgrade to the V6 anyway when the TiVo is so fast? Smiley LOL

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No that socket is disabled

zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for explaining the situation.

It appears that I cannot upgrade to a V6 box regardless of what offer Virgin Media may make, as it would render my dvd recorder useless - so it's obviously not worth it.
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is one option to consider.

A HDMI splitter - 1 HDMI cable into TV, another into a HDMI to Scart adapter. Then a scart cable from the adaptor into your DVD recorder. It will work but picture quality will be degraded to some degree depending on what scart adaptor you use and you may or may not be happy with the result.

If you fancy a read.

Bit of a gamble really but you could always go back to TiVo if you weren't happy.

Why do you want to upgrade to the V6 anyway when the TiVo is so fast? Smiley LOL

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your helpful reply. I will certainly consider this only option as it certainly seems to be the way to solve the problem.
0 Kudos