Menu
Jmrtn91
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V53 error code

Hi, new, and increasingly unhappy, first time customer.

We have had virgin installed for 2 and a half weeks now, and I would say every other day since then we have had a V53 error message on our tv, meaning we are unable to watch specific channels. Sometimes we lose all the service. Often, catch up services are also unavailable at the same time.

We had an engineer around to look at our service and alas because there was no error message displayed at the time, he found nothing wrong with the service. Yet, we are still receiving the message every other day.

We've been advised that there is ongoing works in our area (area 21) by the telephone operator, yet surely the engineer would have known this when he came around to have a look at what the issue was. I would really appreciate a response from anyone at the Virgin team to tell me exactly what the issue is, and whether it requires new hardware or just patience. A look online shows that there aren't many people suffering the same issues.

Unfortunately I'll be paying £80 as my first payment to Virgin in a few weeks, all for half a service! Help?!
0 Kudos
timboishere
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V53 error code

Its clear from these forums that Virgin are in big trouble with the recent updates that they have attempted and they probably have far more complaints than they can handle. I have been with them for nearly 8 years and have been satisfied and have recommended them for friends and family - until about 2 months ago when it all started to go downhill fast. They are on notice that I will soon defect to Sky if its not sorted soon.

0 Kudos
Jmrtn91
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just for reference now receiving a w02 error code on many, but not all channels.
0 Kudos
Jmrtn91
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Now have an engineer booked to come in on Saturday who will hopefully replace box after someone on their helpline said it's more likely to be a hardware issue. Will be interested if it makes any difference!
0 Kudos
hx64
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Interesting!

For about the last 4 weeks we have had recurring V53 code when TiVo crashes, frequent buffering on iPlayer, constant pixellation. Replacement TiVo box has not resolved the problem. Engineers seemed baffled by the V53 code (which appeared as soon as they turned the TV on) but having read other postings I wonder whether this was bluff. They have attributed the problem to the external cable but now we can't get any response from the engineers as to when this can be fixed. We're Area 12.

Unhappy with the service. We just have to keep turning the TiVo box off and on again when the V53 code appears, which is disrupting our viewing.

Are others experiencing such problems? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello hx64,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I would like to take a look into this but I'm unable to locate your account so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you should find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos