Menu
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V+ to Tivo box swap email

I have received an email asking if I want a free V+ to Tivo box swap as the former will no longer support all channels, including Sky Sport/Movies, in the new year.

Can someone from the Forum team confirm that accepting this will not renew my contract?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ to Tivo box swap email

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately your model of V+ will not be supporting Sky Sports & Movies HD from early next year and we want to move you over to TiVo so that you continue to receive these channels, if you were to take up this offer, the terms of your contract will be unaffected.

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Clicked on the button and arranged the delivery. Just to be sure I called VM this morning and clarified that the contract end date had not changed.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi frank_gm,

I'm pleased to hear you're going ahead with the switch Smiley Happy

It would be great to hear back how you get on after the TiVo® is installed.  Keep us posted, we're here to help if you need us.

One other thing, thought I would pop our Discover TiVo® link here incase it may be useful for you.

All the best Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sixfoottwo
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is the Samsung Box affected?  The box has the V+ symbol, but is not pictured.  Confused!!!

0 Kudos
HornetUK
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No there are a few posts on here from VM saying it is only the Atlantic V+, Samsung is fine and not being swapped.

0 Kudos
pingedsole
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I just spent 15 minutes taliking to Pravesh via online chat.  He had no clue about the message on my box.  I only wanted to know if the box could be sent to my work or to a relatives address as I am out during the day and so are my neighbours.

He said I needed to fault the V+ box and also it will cost me #5 per month.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
pingedsole
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After all that I just decided to go through the 'swap box' process and found I could choose the date and opted for a Saturday. 

0 Kudos