Menu
oh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V+ HD Box has never worked -- AP:52

This is pretty lazy of me, as our V+ HD box upstairs has never worked since we signed up in April, but the time has come...

It just gets to displaying AP:52 on the box, with the Virgin Media logo on the TV screen, and stalls there forever. As I say, never worked. Do I need an engineer out to twiddle bits of copper, or is this something I can sort out myself?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ HD Box has never worked -- AP:52

The boxes are designed to be left in standby 24/7 in order to receive updates that keep them operable. If the box has been turned off at the mains for more than a week or so, then Customer Services will have to intervene to get it working. Engineer visit should not be needed if its still connected to the coax (white) cable.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
oh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah right, thanks nodrogd, makes sense (I'm a software engineer - I know how badly behaved a user I'm being Smiley Wink). Funny thing is it never worked, not even the day it was installed... Same error ever since. Oh well.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey oh

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your TV service at the moment, if you've not already given the team a call then you can respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll take a look!

You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos