Menu
Wildcard36
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Using same tivo box on same floor in different room.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to connect a 2nd television to the same virgin tivo box on the same floor but in a different room where you are able to change channels without having to go to the box directly to it? I am presently with SKY and have a SKY+HD box and able to this this through a RF2 Output on back of the box, coaxial cable and an eye. Can anyone aswell as engineers if you are please let me know and how I can do this and what I need to do this please? It is only me in the property so not interested in a 2nd box. Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using same tivo box on same floor in different room.

HDMI splitter & a log cable to the second box. Then add an IR injector kit (example below) into the line for the second set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-HDMI-Injector-Updated-location/dp/B00HR7LE4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You could use an HDMI splitter (about a tenner), or if you don't care about HD just run one TV from the HDMI and one from the scart. For channel changing, you could use an IR transmitter, or if you connect the TiVo to your Superhub you could use the TV Anywhere app on a phone or tablet.

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Wildcard36
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have bought a 15m HDMI cable from Ebay aswell as a spilter. Will engineer be able to set this up on my installment date please?

nodrogd wrote:

HDMI splitter & a log cable to the second box. Then add an IR injector kit (example below) into the line for the second set.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-HDMI-Injector-Updated-location/dp/B00HR7LE4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

0 Kudos
Wildcard36
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have bought an HDMI cable (15m) from ebay, a splitter aswell as IR injector. Will the engineer be able to set this up for me on my installment date please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

zvonok wrote:

Surely a second box would be cheaper??!!??  ...ZVNK ...

Installation cost £50. Activation cost £50, plus £7.50 a month. A little more than the £39 this piece of kit costs I think, & this is only an example.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wildcard36 wrote:

I have bought a 15m HDMI cable from Ebay aswell as a spilter. Will engineer be able to set this up on my installment date please?

No. If its not Virgin equipment, the VM engineer/contractor won't touch it. Thats not what he's paid for. You will have to set this up yourself. Its simple enough.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos