Menu
Mumof8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Used Virgin remote control to turn TV off

I accidentally turned off our Panasonic TV with Virgin handset  (use the Panasonic remote only for switching on and off) and now can't get any channels. Help!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
NeilH1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Used Virgin remote control to turn TV off

Is your Panasonic TV still switched off? If it is, use the Virgin remote to switch it back on. You can do this by pressing and hoĺding down the on/off or stand by button on the Virgin remote. That should switch the TV back on and hopefully sort things out.  Pressing and holding down the Virgin stand by button operates the TV and not the Tivo.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try switching the TV itself off a the mains & then on again, you usually have to pair your virgin remote with a code to work certain modes on a TV, which would include tv on & off channels & volume up and down. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Mumof8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many thanks to you both for your kind help.  I did as you suggested, and turning off at the mains rebooted the Virgin service. 

I turned on the TV using the Panasonic remote, pressed the AV button, selected HDMI and lo and behold, my Virgin channels returned!  Turning off at the mains did the trick - just like it does for the computer.

0 Kudos

All Replies
NeilH1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is your Panasonic TV still switched off? If it is, use the Virgin remote to switch it back on. You can do this by pressing and hoĺding down the on/off or stand by button on the Virgin remote. That should switch the TV back on and hopefully sort things out.  Pressing and holding down the Virgin stand by button operates the TV and not the Tivo.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try switching the TV itself off a the mains & then on again, you usually have to pair your virgin remote with a code to work certain modes on a TV, which would include tv on & off channels & volume up and down. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Mumof8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many thanks to you both for your kind help.  I did as you suggested, and turning off at the mains rebooted the Virgin service. 

I turned on the TV using the Panasonic remote, pressed the AV button, selected HDMI and lo and behold, my Virgin channels returned!  Turning off at the mains did the trick - just like it does for the computer.

0 Kudos