Menu
Marty4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to TIVO from HD box

I have been a cable customer since 2005. I currently have an HD box & would like to know if I can replace it with a TIVO recordable box. If so will there be an extra monthly fee, how much.

Is it possible to access the ITV Hub from Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to TIVO from HD box

Phone 150 select the think of leaving us option and see if they will cut you a deal, you cannot access the ITV hub as ITV have not written an app for the tivo

0 Kudos
mazzz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don't do it go to Sky, Tivo is rubbish so rubbish they are bringing out a new box which will probably be the same but they will say teething problems no doubt, wish we had known this before joining 2 months ago, nothing works on demand or catch up does not exist no ITV hub, BBCi player buffers  all the time after taking ages to start up. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mazzz wrote:

Don't do it go to Sky, Tivo is rubbish so rubbish they are bringing out a new box which will probably be the same but they will say teething problems no doubt, wish we had known this before joining 2 months ago, nothing works on demand or catch up does not exist no ITV hub, BBCi player buffers  all the time after taking ages to start up. 

Of course no one ever complains about sky, and as a V6 box users I can tell you it runs as fast a anything I have seen, Netflix and iplayer in a second

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

People do complain about Sky, on the user forum and (listen to this) directly to Sky via their customer service (yes, Sky have a CS that is actually contactable).

VM provide some excellent service -

A TiVo that, on the whole, does a good job and fast broadband that is reliable.The problem that I can see reading this forum is there are 2 issues that have been ongoing for so long that people are fed up. The slow TiVo fix is getting rolled out but too slowly and, apparently, untested. The lack of On Demand services is still a problem with the fix date becoming a joke.

Now the V6 saga is starting - when is it coming? Who wil get it? How much will it cost? Does it work?

Just tell us whatgoing on, 

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

mazzz wrote:

Of course no one ever complains about sky, and as a V6 box users I can tell you it runs as fast a anything I have seen, Netflix and iplayer in a second

Yep, recently switched from VM to Sky (due to a stupidly cheap deal), currently a month past my installation date and still don't have working broadband.

Other than being faster I also don't think the SkyQ box is as good as the TiVo (it's incredibly basic), so I imagine the V6 probably blows it out of the water.

0 Kudos
Marty4
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dannylau

TIVO box arriving soon & I have got a good deal. I have bought a Roku Streaming stick for ITV Hub etc.

0 Kudos