Menu
Zoomer
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade from V+ to Tivo - Quickstart

Hi

I am upgrading to Full House Tivo package from V+ box (XL) including broadband.

At the time I was quoted a figure for an engineer to come and set the system up.

I have since been informed about Quickstart.As I understand it it is just a case of plugging in the new equipment and contacting Virgin to set it up on line?

So I enquired if I could use this service rather paying for an engineer, only to be told it was not possible, is this correct?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade from V+ to Tivo - Quickstart

Hi Zoomer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us. 

Whenever a quick start TiVo® is possible we will automatically ask if you would like this option rather than an engineer. If we quoted for an engineer first then this would mean the quick start option was not possible. 

Overall it's better getting an engineer as we can check the signal levels are correct too. 

Let us know how the install goes Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Zoomer
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the reply can you explain what the engineer does on his visit that warrants the £54 pound fee?

Zoomer

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoomer,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message back.

The engineer will carry out sophisticated tests and deal with any issues they may encounter. The setup will consist of a full setup and will not leave until its been correctly setup and guarantees a working service.

Let us know how the visit goes and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Zoomer
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

After having to make an enquiry about another issue, I finally spoke to someone who listened as a result I got my Tivo box 2 weeks earlier along with QuickStart saving me £40.00. I'm now a happy bunny.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us Zoomer

I'm glad to hear that this has been sorted and we'll be here if there's anything we can assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos