Menu
countyexile
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade confirmation

I arranged an upgrade via online live chat last week to have a new V6 box installed in one room and for my existing tivo box to be moved from that room  to another room to replace the V+HD box currently in the second room. I was also told my broadband would be increased from 100mb to 200mb as that makes the one-off V6 installation cost cheaper (Before the upgrade I had XL TV, 100mb broadband, talk unlimited landline and 2 tv boxes - 1 tivo and 1 V+HD). The price was agreed and an engineer visit arranged for the change to take place (3 Feb).

Since then I haven't received any email or letter confirming the new contract, appointment date etc. Is it usual for some form of confirmation to be sent confirming the new contract details and the appointment date  before the upgrade goes ahead please? Just want to be sure it has all been logged on the system. I did take a screen print of the live webchat.

0 Kudos
countyexile
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade confirmation

Still haven't received any confirmation from Virgin regarding the upgrade or the engineer appointment and nothing showing on the home page when I log in to my account (I thought engineer appointments were shown on there?).

Tried getting confirmation via live chat but all I get is the "all our operators are busy" every time I try.

As it's a new 12 month contract I would have thought Virgin would email or mail all the details to confirm the new contract which makes me wonder whether the upgrade request has been actioned.

0 Kudos
Smudger64
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi did you have any luck as I've upgraded the same way but like yourself nothing yet confirmed
0 Kudos
countyexile
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I finally managed to connect to live chat this morning and the upgrade and engineer appointment were confirmed. Was told they don't issue email confirmations / copy contracts etc until after the installation is completed. Not ideal as it would be nice to have something in writing confirming what was agreed in a phone call or webchat, but at least I have a screen print of the webchat
0 Kudos
Smudger64
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know good luck with everything