Menu
Not_awesome
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unwanted channels added to package

Dear Virgin

I have noticed my bill has increased almost 3 fold as Sky Sports has been added to my package. I have just called and spoke to someone who said this has been done via the Tivo box and the pin was entered to authorise it.

Please can you send me details on the time and date this was done as I believe this was near the time we were on holiday.

Our family have access to the PIN so we can watch Netflix through the Tivo, is there anyway to disable extra channels being added via the Tivo box other than keeping the PIN secret from everyone. If not, there should be!

I have been charged for the part of the month for these additional services despite not knowing they were active and not asking for them and being on holiday for most of this period, please can you refund this amount as a gesture of good will.

Best Regards

Andy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unwanted channels added to package

Unless I'm mistaken you can set which things require the PIN to be entered in the TiVo settings, so you can allow Netflix to be accessed without a PIN but still require it for premium channels and other purchases etc.

Obviously that doesn't fix the issue you have now, but would prevent it in the future.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unless I'm mistaken you can set which things require the PIN to be entered in the TiVo settings, so you can allow Netflix to be accessed without a PIN but still require it for premium channels and other purchases etc.

Obviously that doesn't fix the issue you have now, but would prevent it in the future.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Whenever an account is upgraded via the TiVo® we wouldn't be able to refund the charges as there isn't really a way they can be added by mistake. 

It's worth noting that it's the account holder's responsibility to keep the PIN safe.

As mentioned by Tavis75, you are able to deactivate the PIN for Netflix by going  to the settings. 

I would also change the PIN to ensure the purchasing of channels doesn't happen again. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem we have is only having ONE PIN!

For example you need the PIN to view certain age restricted content, but it's the same PIN as needed for purchases.

Crazy, as you have people in the household who need the PIN to watch age restricted content, but you don't want them adding premium content or purchasing PPV.

There NEEDS to be two PINs.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

not awesomme sky sports is subscription based package any way unless you ring 150 and talk to them about adding it but you dont require a pin to watch any channels unless someone ass added the package to your account with out your permission for pin wise its only for adult channels and other content and for netflix cheers andy from jonni
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BoxTech, 

Thanks for your suggestion on the Two PINS. 

I'll pass your feedback on. 

I'll be honest, it's doubtful we will introduce this as having 1 PIN can be hard enough to remember without introducing a second but I'm sure the team will look into it Smiley Happy

In the meantime, as suggested in my first post. Try and keep the PIN private. If you're not able to do this then make sure you educate those with the PIN to not purchase content without permission. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos