Menu
Gaenor
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable service

Hi, is anyone else having the same problems as me - my internet connection is slow and hit and miss, my catch up and on demand services are very unreliable, and I get an email everyday from Virgin promising that their engineers are working on it, and it will be fixed in 2 days time.

I've been with Virgin for 15 years & have been a loyal customer whilst my bills have increased fairly rapidly, and I've only stayed because of the reliability of the service.  I've tried to find an email address to contact them, but nothing, I've tried online chat, but apparently that's also unavailable.  

I'm reaching the end of my patience now, especially knowing that BT would be about £40 a month cheaper.

Is anyone else in the same boat? And has anyone actually managed to get a refund or a bill reduction from Virgin for the current  poor service?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable service

I have been a customer of VM since the cabling of my street yonks ago. I feel your pain too having been increasingly fed up with flakey services and increasing bills. The last price hike was the final straw which made me ring customer services. They looked at how long I had been with them (which BTW wasn't my choice having previously been with NTL when VM bought them out) so, CS were surprised that I hadn't called much sooner. The retentions adviser found savings on my bills, gave me a loyalty discount and put almost a months worth of credit on my account. It's as they say...if you don't ask you don't get. Give them a call on 151 where the retentions department speak proper understandable English (it's the thinking of leaving etc option on the menu) and good luck : )  B

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable service

Hello Gaenor,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I would certainly like to look into this for you but I'll just need to ask a few questions.

• Are you connected via a wireless or wired connection and what kind of speed are you receiving?
  • When you try to use the On Demand service are you seeing any error messages and what programs are they affecting?
  • Have you tried to reboot both your Virgin set top box and Super Hub to see if there's any improvement?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos