Menu
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfairness to long time customers ...

Dear VM

I have been with you for over 17 years and you must have in your data base that over that time that I love to have any new item to help with my enjoyment ..

I have tested many of your hubs TV boxes in being one of the first to buy the items with paying sums like £299.00 for the first Digital HDR boxes ( TV Drive )  and I have paid for many new hubs and TV boxes over the years with you as soon as price / package come live on your site and forums.

At this time I have 3 1TB TiVo  ( with full TV plus Sky Films )  superHub 2ac ( with 200Mbps ) and to keep the bill under £88 pounds a month two years ago I took your phone too yet now I am paying over £100 pounds a month with all prices going up.

I test your broadband with samknows for the last 5 years yet I reported trouble with superhub 2ac yet you will not send me a new HUB 3 ....

I have put my name down on your site for the new V6 4K/UHD box every few days for weeks and I phoned last week and told that now boxes are yet to be released for me and two days ago on your site I asked for a new package deal with a New V6 box and was told again that there was not on the system .  I have asked on this forum with others about the New Box for my 4K/UHD TV and just was told to put my name on the site .

I know that I can go to BT for £88 pounds for 4K box with all channels with top broadband and free calls all the time . ( few channels VM does not have )

I know I can get a SKY Q with mini box and all channels for £64 a month ...

So VM I am really looking into say BYE to you after all those years of keeping faith with you even when lost channels with a fight with SKY and other time.

VM were your customer & fairness to long time customers ?

0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unfairness to long time customers ...

I would also like to add that over the years I saved your company £'s with me helping your customers around my area and family that have your services when they had troubles with TV boxes or HUBs as they knew I had kept up with all the ticks and fixes for your services and had top packages ...
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The box isn't released to ANYONE yet. It's a commercially sensitive decision. If they've tested it (and of course they have) you weren't chosen. There are loads of people who've had all the boxes over 15 or so years. And with respect you're just one customer among many and they're not gong to worry about losing you. Oh and expect to pay royally when and if the V6 turns up.* It won't be cheap.  

*rumour has it is coming Nov 30th. But who knows. 

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

The box isn't released to ANYONE yet.

Except the new customers involved in the soft launch posting in this forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Understand that I am one of many and £ billion pound company can drop customers like me many times and as long as they meet share owners market value each year then a few customers do not matter to such groups.

But all companies have a system to look into customer lost over a year and share owners look at the % to see if managers are working for the best.

In the curn rate system that all companies have they must be able tell different length of customers they are loosing and work out why?

As for the price to the new V6 box VM can not place them self out of the market in setting price that looks bad in the market and look at other two main players ....

BT has been dropping prices and for customers which have been with them for a time a special price for the UHD box of £49 & £7 P&P and lower and TV package drop of £4 off the top package which is £18 for new.

Sky is giving there box free to new customers and with a second mini box too and TV package is good too .

VM has drop they idea of prices with them being so late with a 4K/UHD box and going by reports a box that only 1TB hard drive when Sky Q has 2TB and customers able to have same channels etc. in another room ... Plus both Sky & BT box has own 4K channel plus already.

VM has limited area of use for them to get customer compare to BT Youview UHD and Sky Q .

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well this is just me but I'm not prepared to pay tuppence let along £49 plus extra every month for a box that's running on the same network and with the same software as the chronically poorly TiVo. 

Dont have too long to wait I guess. But getting new tech first can be disappointing. Just look at the sky q forums. Or the forums for the new humax freeview pvr. 

0 Kudos