Menu
allister113
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unable to view Tivo recordings

Why can I not view recordings I made from sky art 2 Hd if they have been recorded to the hard disc on my Tivo box. They are taking up space on my hard disc but when I go to view them I get the message Sky art 2 Hd is no longer available from Virgin. As Sky art 2 and Sky art 1 have now been merged into Sky art it is impossible to get sky art 2 but surely you should still be able to view programs you have recorded.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to view Tivo recordings

When a channel closes the recordings remain available to view for around 3 months. After this point they're no longer available to view.

This is because the ability to view recordings is tied to the broadcast rights of the channel. Once a channel ceases to exist (rather than being rebranded) then those recording rights go with it.

Sky Arts 2 wasn't merged into Sky Arts 1. Sky Arts 2 was closed and Sky Arts 1 re-branded to just Sky Arts. So this means that recordings made before the rebrand of Sky Arts 1 to Sky Arts can still be viewed, but because Sky Arts 2 was closed it's recordings are now not available.

This has applied to Sky's own customers in the same way as Virgin Media customers - recordings from the closed Sky Arts 2 channel can no longer be viewed.

The only thing you can now do with any Sky Arts 2 recording is remove them so that space is made available on your TiVo.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to view Tivo recordings

When a channel closes the recordings remain available to view for around 3 months. After this point they're no longer available to view.

This is because the ability to view recordings is tied to the broadcast rights of the channel. Once a channel ceases to exist (rather than being rebranded) then those recording rights go with it.

Sky Arts 2 wasn't merged into Sky Arts 1. Sky Arts 2 was closed and Sky Arts 1 re-branded to just Sky Arts. So this means that recordings made before the rebrand of Sky Arts 1 to Sky Arts can still be viewed, but because Sky Arts 2 was closed it's recordings are now not available.

This has applied to Sky's own customers in the same way as Virgin Media customers - recordings from the closed Sky Arts 2 channel can no longer be viewed.

The only thing you can now do with any Sky Arts 2 recording is remove them so that space is made available on your TiVo.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own