Menu
Rivendell63
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Unable to check available upgrade or extras

Greetings,

I would first like to state that I have been a Virgin customer now for almost 10 years, and I'm beginning to feel more and more like migrating to a rival provider due to service and not feeling like  being treated as a valued loyal customer.

So following a recent review of my contract with yourselves, I agreed to continue (put up with) the TIVO box I have and retain the 150Mb broadband speeds as I was unwilling to stomp up the costs to get a V6 box. Since this point I have not been able to access the extras or upgrades section of my account without being greeted with a message advising "We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help." Why offer an online account service and then force people to call you ?

I initially thought this might just be due to having just resigned my agreement, and it would resume after the next billing date. However, this has remained the same since July of last year.

At present I have several issues which are a source of irritation, but which I am putting up with for the time being.

Firstly, the performance of my TIVO box, which is akin to running Windows 10 on a 10 year old PC. This has been evident since the software upgrade and UI update last year. prior to this point the performance was acceptable, but now its bordering on 'bloody annoying' and unresponsive. The box has been restarted several times but without offering any performance improvement. I am not willing to fully reset the box yet as I have several programs as yet unwatched.

Secondly, the performance of the Super (really???) Hub 2 router I'm using. This gives fluctuating performance and rebooting isnt the answer either. Rebooting needs to be completed several times as associated devices struggle to automatically connect. What makes this more annoying is that I paid for this equipment as part of the speed upgrade of my broadband service !!! I think they saw me coming ...!

0 Kudos
Rivendell63
Tuning in
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to check available upgrade or extras

I wonder if anyone from VM will actually respond to this !!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

This Community Forum is not the primary support vehicle for Virgin Media.

Virgin Media are active here but response times can be several days at times.

Be patient and don't bump this thread and you will get a response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hail Rivendell63

Many pardons to you good sir for the troubles you have endured in your quest to gain knowledges on the port of all wisdom that is My Virgin Media

While this portal is vast, and bountiful, there are limitations to its magic, for those who have been blessed with strange and wonderful deals may not enter this portal of might.

The reason for this can be found in the ancient post of wisdom, Re: VM personalise my package link is broken?

I see that you are wroth with our box of power, the TiVo®, and the hub of plenty. This saddens me greatly Smiley Sad

I have scryed the hallowed account notes to see that your quest to make right these matters of import has led you to the Elder Phone Teams and they have passed on their wisdoms to you to aid you in this venture.

If you accept that this quest has been won, then your name will be hailed ever after in the annals of history, aka, the forums Smiley Happy

If you need us further, you need only ask. We are ever your humble servants.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Rivendell63
Tuning in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Part of the reported issues have been resolved, namely the ability to access 'extras and offers' via the Virgin account portal. This has been as a result of my resign in January. Maybe a better response when clicking the link would have been better.

I have spoken with support regarding the lethargic performance of the TIVO, and followed their guidance. Sadly this has not improved the performance of the TIVO which frequently takes approx 5 - 10 seconds to display the menu option selected. This still needs to be resolved.

I also had an issue with broadband speeds which whilst testing with one of your agent, miraculously jumped from 80Mbps to 150+Mbps. Whist the agent maintained my broadband was not showing any errors and was not restricted, I can not accept that simply plugging in a laptop with an ethernet cable has given this result. Multiple devices in the household were unable to get speeds above 80Mbps, but following this interaction, they are now all displaying speeds around 150Mbps. Albeit now resolved, I don't like not being given the correct info or being fed a truck load of BS !

I await your response Smiley Surprised)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hey Rivendell63

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us Smiley Happy

With respect to the TiVo® not functioning in its correct capacity for you, I'm going to pass this along to one of the TV experts on the forums for you for them to take a look at this for you.

They'll be along shortly to pick this up with you Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rivendell63,

Karen has asked me to check out your TiVo® for you.

You mentioned that the support team gave you some guidance around this. What have you tried so far? I just want to make sure I don't repeat diagnostics that you've already performed.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@Karen_A cheers for the laugh on an otherwise boring day with your quest post Smiley Tongue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Rivendell63
Tuning in
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

So previously I was advised to reduce the number of series links in operation. This I have done and currently standing at 38. I have also been instructed in 'clearing the cache' by following 'thumb down, thumb up, play x3'. The storage in use is also below 30%. As I advised your colleague during the phonecall, the box worked satisfactorily before the OS update to the now current themed version. Since that point it has become doggedly slow and very laggy. Due to this, when selecting to move right and open other menu options, I invariably have to back track having not sure if the selection has been accepted I've pressed again. This is NOT the way the device should function.

I now await your guidance.

0 Kudos
Rivendell63
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Still awaiting a response after 8 days, and will offer up a new question to add to the thread.

Why does the picture freeze for several seconds when you're watching a channel and a planned recording for that channel kicks in ? 

0 Kudos