Menu
monet208
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

URGENT HELP PLEASE

Tivo box fault needing replacement diagnosed by Virgin phone helpline but I have got it working again but TV Guide stations show no programme info just the word UPCOMING next to each channel

Want to try and fix this myself as no engineer visit for 6 days and don't really want new box as will lose all recorded programmes

Also loath to reset system as taken age to get it working !!!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE

Have you tried Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Network>Connect to the Virgin Media service now ?

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Network>Connect to the Virgin Media service now ?

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monet208,

Welcome back to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the TV programme guide hasn't been the best, i've been into the services in the home and have been able to see that the TV guide information is not updated and that your hard drive isn't how I'd like it. Can you tell me if an engineer has already been booked out for the future?

Stay in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
monet208
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am back to square one with the Tivo box working sometimes when the tv is turned on and not on others with the message no signal or starting up message

If the TiVo box works the tv guide programme information is not loaded next to each programme but at least we have  a tv to watch

Engineer cannot come until Tuesday and promised phone call from the CEO's office yesterday did not materialise !!

Can Tivo boxes be repaired as many programmes will be lost ??????????????

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Monet208,

Thank you for your reply, our engineers tend to replace what cannot be fixed on site as there may be complex issues inside the hard drive. If the method mentioned by Argy hasn't worked (Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Network>Connect to the Virgin Media service now), then this would require a swap. 

Thank you and please stay in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos
monet208
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes but still happening

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monet8,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here. 

I'm very sorry to learn this is still happening. I would like to assist you and have sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos