Menu
Dannyjamesbrown
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Two Tivo Boxes. Two Remotes

I have two boxes one upstairs and one downstairs. Everytime you change a channel downstairs it changes the channel upstairs aswell. Really annoying. How do I stop this from happening?
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two Tivo Boxes. Two Remotes

That is odd, can only think that the IR signal must be bouncing far enough to affect both boxes, is there a door or something you can close between the two to test that?

0 Kudos
Dannyjamesbrown
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They are directly above each other. I thought it was strange also.
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know there is nothing on the TiVo that should cause them to both change like that, might be worth trying to cover the IR sensor on one of the TiVos and testing if it still happens, to confirm it is the IR rather than anything else.

Dannyjamesbrown wrote:
They are directly above each other. I thought it was strange also.

Dannyjamesbrown
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Will try that at some point thanks. Still would like to know if anybody else has experienced this before.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar issue with 2 sony blu ray players ( which used IR remotes) in different rooms. I contacted sony who said there's no fix , any remote will work any player in range - I guess Tivo is designed the same way. Is either of them wired into your hub for enabling the remote app. if so, unwiring them may make a difference. otherwise it is just trial and error & repositioning until you find an acceptable compromise