Menu
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv planner wrong

Why is itv2 planner wrong? The wife is screaming due to love island showing its on for an hour but it's on for an extra 20 minutes which means the recording has stopped too early. Not the first time either!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv planner wrong

Hi davehoward,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that some of the programme was missing due to missing or incorrect guide data.  Was there a live event on beforehand that may have caused it to run over?  If so this can cause a recording to miss the start and/or end of a programme.

If this is not the case, it may be due to a last minute change in the schedule that did not update in time affecting the recording.

You mention this is not the first time this has happened, if you have any other recent examples, let me know and we can look into this further for you.

If you haven't come across this option yet, it may help avoid any future recording disruptions, you can extend Live recordings so you don't miss the end if it runs over it's scheduled time.  You can do this by following these steps:

HOME > HELP AND SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > EXTEND LIVE RECORDINGS

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Its doing it as I speak. Watching love island and it's stopped recording which is why we now watch it when it's broadcasted. No live events before hand. And I already added 6 mins to recording when I first series linked. It's on for an extra 15 -20 mins but says family guy is on?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello davehoward,

Sorry you're still having this issue.

From reading the posts this does sound like a broadcasting issue especially since you said it still had a extra 15-20 minutes of viewing time but in the guide it was showing Family Guy. 

What channel are you recording this episode from because there has been many live events lately which could have interfered with scheduled episodes and can cause this type of issue.

What is the start and end time for this program in your TV guide and is it happening for every episode you try to record?

We'll need to do some further investigation into this and I can set up a recording of Love Island in the office to try and replicate this issue when I have the information.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ITV2 has been extending some episodes of Love Island with just hours notice - and not enough time for all TiVo users to be updated. Some other EPGs also miss it - Freeview was still 60 minutes here.

Best to add 30 minutes padding to the end of the Series Link.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Didn't realise it was only hours notice. How come come the "advisors" didn't know this lol.
Thanks again and I will add a bit more time. Silly itv2 😀
0 Kudos