Menu
Davefromgrantha
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere

Since changing my TiVo box I can't use some functions on the app help page says if TiVo connected IP address should be 162 it's 169 how do I change it it is connected to the hub via Ethernet cable I've phoned virgin but their advise was next best thing to useless they couldn't even agree amongst themselves wether it should work on a 4 g network or not and when you talk of 162 or 169 I might as well have been talking Swahili for they didn't understand a word they didn't seem to understand any of the functions of their own app I thought sky was bad but tonight's non help was rediculous anyone any ideas

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere

A 169.254.*.* ip address is a self assigned ip. It means that the tivo isn't getting an ip from the superhub. Personally, I would reboot both the tivo and the superhub (just the superhub if you don't want to wait for 5 minutes for the tivo) and see if you get a 192.168.0.* ip.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did this change anything?

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
Davefromgrantha
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No still shows 169 can you manually change it
0 Kudos
Davefromgrantha
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Says a dhcp server can't be found on the network
0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You can't change the ip address manually. The dhcp not found would suggest that the tivo isn't online (as would the 169 ip). Just a thought but is the heartbeat light solid on the front of the tivo?

0 Kudos
Davefromgrantha
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes the light is on and is solid
0 Kudos
icantgetaloggin
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have also had this problem for some time, as my family have just told me! We were able to use multiple devices (mainly apple) to control the Tivo, now all we get is 'Tivo Box Not Found on This Network'.

I have connected an ethernet cable from the Tivo to the Superhub and it does work as I can stream Netflix from the Tivo.

Within the Tivo settings:

I have allowed the use in devices, I have also disabled and re-abled.

The system does not see a DHCP server when 'auto' is selected (rather unusual as the superhub is set to DHCP and assign's all my other devices bar my printer that I reserved and set manually.)

I was also getting some weird and wonderful network addresses from the Tivo when it was on chose its own IP. (I don't know why I even tried this as I am an electronic engineer and understand what I am doing)

I have assigned the Tivo an IP address of 192.168.0.50/ subnet 255.255.255.0 and reserved it on the superhub. All network connections work correctly when tested but the app still does not see the box on the network.

I have reset the Tivo and router.

I did read on one of these threads that there were problems with the app and some IOS devices but this was form over a year ago.....the last message was something like this is over a year old and is still not fixed, I cant find the thread now!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

0 Kudos
icantgetaloggin
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I was wondering if it is a setting on the superhub, so I have disabled the firewall, tried again to no avail. It may also be noted that the superhub does not see any connection from the Tivo in attached devices........
0 Kudos
icantgetaloggin
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have also uninstalled and re-installed the app on the iPad and iPhone I am trying to sort the problem out with!

0 Kudos