Menu
Ragdoll
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere which tablets actually work with it.

Hi we have vm xl package and have never been able to use the anywhere app to watch programmes. We have two different samsung tablets and a nexus. They are all on the list of tablets that should work, but they dont. We get a mixture of messages, one that says we need flash player, but what we need isnt available for our tablets. Another message is that the tablets are not on the same network as the tivo. I am honestly fed up of the thing. Its useless.

**I dont feel I have to defend VM, cos I dont work for them, so my opinions really are my own. **
0 Kudos
caveman38
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere which tablets actually work with it.

Kindles will work with the exception that the Amazon Shop doesn't have an app for Sky Sports or Movies. The other programmes work OK.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you're getting a message that you need flash, that suggests that you're trying to use the TV Anywhere website rather than the app.

The message about the TiVo not being on the same network occurs if you try to watch a channel that isn't allowed to be streamed, try watching one of the channels that is in the streaming list (or has the small "Wi-Fi" symbol next to it in the TV guide).

You could also connect your TiVo to your network with an Ethernet cable, but this only allows access to a little bit of extra functionality (using your tablet as a remote control and starting programs playing back on the TiVo), all the main functionality (managing recordings and streaming Live TV) should be available without this connection.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ragdoll, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to get TV Anywhere to work. 

As mentioned by Tavis75, it does sound like you are trying to use your browser to view TV Anywhere instead of the app. Try downloading the app from the Playstore and let me know if this works better. 

In the app, there is an option to select Streaming Channels only. If you select this option, the error message advising you to be on the same network will disappear Smiley Happy 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos